By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: OXM: Xbox 720 Launching in 2014 with Halo 2 Anniversary

I don't see a remake being the big launch title. Look at Halo CE Anniversary, it's sold respectably, but you'd hardly call it impressive for a Halo game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Having Halo 2 Anniversary would be a pretty good launch title to get the momentum going. I also agree with everyone else. 2014 seems way out there and launching it in any other season besides fall wouldn't be the brightest move. Two and a half years is a hefty waiting time so yes, 2013 is the more likely launch year.

Although the next Xbox will probably launch in 2013, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony actually waited until fall 2014 to release their next console.

I don't believe it.

There's too many rumors around about the console and too many studios hiring personal to develop games for new gen consoles to believe that Microsoft will wait  2 years to launch it.

And as binary solo says, having a remake as a launch title doesn't have the same impact as a new entry in the series.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

No chance

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I was hoping Halo 2 Anniversary would be on the Xbox 360 just so we would have the original trilogy all on one console.

Well, if Xbox 4 will be able to run 360 games (which it probably will) then they will be on one console.

Yeah, but for some reason I think it would be cooler to have them all say Xbox 360 on the box. It would be wierd for 1, 3 and 4 to say "Xbox 360" on the cover and 2 to be on the next Xbox even if it could play them all.  Hell, I'd rather leave Halo 4 for Xbox 720 if it meant I could have the first trilogy on Xbox 360 and the Forunner Saga trilogy on Xbox 720. Nice and clean and easy to display in my collection.

Around the Network

I wouldn't take this too seriously, their logic is this: Because Thief 4 is releasing late 2013 for X360 and Halo 2 in 2014 for 720, 720 must be launching in 2014.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I was hoping Halo 2 Anniversary would be on the Xbox 360 just so we would have the original trilogy all on one console.

Well, if Xbox 4 will be able to run 360 games (which it probably will) then they will be on one console.

Probably will, according to who? I would say almost definately won't because emulating such powerful hardware is nigh on impossible on any PC hardware even now, next xbox won't be using GPU or CPU any powerful than a maximum of 1 generation ahead of now, keeping the legacy hardware in the box would be completely impractical in terms of heat, even die shrinks can't do anywhere near as much as they could say from PS2 days.

IMO, not the slightest chance of backward compatibility, I'm pretty certain.

lol no way this is true... 2014 thats 2 years away and this gen is barely selling anymore. almost all console are below 100k.

I think it's too late. The 360 will be hitting sub-Wii levels this time next year, especially with the WiiU out. 2013 summer is latest, and early 2014 with the PS4.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

fillet said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Probably will, according to who? I would say almost definately won't because emulating such powerful hardware is nigh on impossible on any PC hardware even now, next xbox won't be using GPU or CPU any powerful than a maximum of 1 generation ahead of now, keeping the legacy hardware in the box would be completely impractical in terms of heat, even die shrinks can't do anywhere near as much as they could say from PS2 days.

IMO, not the slightest chance of backward compatibility, I'm pretty certain.

That's pretty ridiculous tbh. Everyone knows that backwards compatibility is one (if not "the") most wanted feature when buying new hardware.