By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - good movies with outdated special effects.

Name some good movies from back in the day with outdated special effects. We all know that everything is CGI,but back in the day everything was pretty much done on the set and with stuntman. Everything was also done with models. In the orginal star wars movies,you can obviously tell that yoda is just a puppet and most of the outside ships look like toy models. I like the movies,but the special effects are just outdated. The orginal alien movie is another example. When the thing bursts out of that guys chest and it leaves the room,you can tell it's on some kind of dolly track. In another part of the movie it falls on rippley's shoulder and onto the floor,you could obviously tell it was a rubber prop. There's a couple of other examples,but they did do a good job making the alien look real. So,what are some good classic movies,with outdated special effects? Post video's if you can. 

Around the Network

Ghost Busters, Alien, Aliens. Have watched those over the last couple of weeks and man such bad SFX. Still good movies though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Terminator 2

the neverending story :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

All movies before 1998.

(Just guessing here... but that's what I think...)

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
Terminator 2

My thoughts exactly. Terminator 1 is even worse.

The Mortal Kombat films. They also need better acting

Bladerunner comes to mind as well as one of my all time favorites, Willow!

Worst than that is a recent movie with outdated special effects like "2012" movie from sony pictures... man how can a movie so recent look so mid 90's in special effects...

The original Clash of the Titans. Ray Harryhausen's stop motion special effects looked dated even for 1981, but I've always liked that movie, while I HATED the remake.