By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sales: Why did TP soar and SS flop?

Tagged games:

SS just isn't very good. Just as WW wasn't very good. To argue that Zelda games aren't big sellers simply isnt true. And more importantly games are supposed to create momentum for the system its released on. SS provided no excitement to the Wii userbase.

On the flip side though Nintendo's games this gen have sold so well that when an exclusive sells on par with games on other platforms it looks as though it's a flop.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

SS and WW arent very good?
thats your opinion, most people and critics dont agree

also the figure for SS is outdated

Arius Dion said:
SS just isn't very good. Just as WW wasn't very good. To argue that Zelda games aren't big sellers simply isnt true. And more importantly games are supposed to create momentum for the system its released on. SS provided no excitement to the Wii userbase.

On the flip side though Nintendo's games this gen have sold so well that when an exclusive sells on par with games on other platforms it looks as though it's a flop.

Why would you say such a thing ;-; In my opinion Wind Waker is one of the best games ever made. Even to this day. Not only this but it is still one of the most beautiful (not graphics, but style) games ever made. How many games can you say that about from the PS2/GC/Xbox era? Simply put WW in Hd and it looks fantastic

(Also from a boring point of view it's one of the highest rated games ever)

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Wasn't a fan of WW art style in the least. That may even be an understatement. Skyward Sword to me is one of the weakest entries into the Zelda series, and while "critics" may not agree, there are many users who do, and the market speaks for itself. It has moments of pure gaming bliss but, overall the game just underwhelms in so many ways that is performing exactly the way it should.

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

if SS was released in dec 2006 and TP in 2011 im pretty sure the figures would have been the same, the quality of the product has nothing to do, if you dont like it fine, i dont care, but dont use the market as an excuse and your opinion as a fact...you could say its not a good product, thats another story....

Around the Network

I'm not stating my opinion as fact. Just refuting your attempt to use critics opinion as any more valid than mine. The quality of a product can be traced to its markets performance.

The fact that you need motion plus has stopped me from buying it. I love zelda, I just have had the time nor interest to pick SS up. Unlike TP which I got with a used Wii a couple years back.

On another note; Nintendo SHOULD have bundeled WM+ with SS at no extra cost. I certainly would have have bought already if that was the case, and i'm sure the WM+ has caused confusion amongst casuals who Nintendo would want to pick it up. Please Nintendo FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Don't take 5 years between games!

The only thing that can be traced by its market performance is the quality of a product as a product.
Everything else is just your opinion....and by the way, yes, believe it or not for most people critics opinion is more important than your opinion.

You may be one of many sheep to place supposed critics opinion on a pedestal. But I do not. I place as much confidence in theirs as I do of yours.