By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Skip Mass Effect 1 or play it?

Yeah play it. Best way to experience the trilogy is to play right through them all. If you start on 360 then either consider staying on that or if you do plan to switch to PS3 at least taking note of the bigger choices you make (they should all be apparent) and using the comic to more or less create your ME2 character to reflect what you did in ME1.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

If you can, play the hole trilogy on the same system, its so much better. If you want to play ME2 and 3 on PS3 though, the digital comic will be fine and leave out ME1.

Play Mass Effect through on easy setting just to get an idea of what the story and game play is like. In parts ME is a broken, glitchy, with slow frame rates and game freezes. The Mako was a frustrating experience. Side missions of ME added little or nothing to the game.
If you prefer TPS go straight into playing ME2 and skip ME. If you are an RPG fan, give ME a go.

Play the first, ignore the rest.

Play it. Just know that your aim is going to suck until you gain more experience points and that the inventory system kinda sucks. Aside from that, the game seems to have aged okay. You should enjoy it.

Around the Network

DO not skip a single one. Trust me. Plus, Mass effect 1 is the most RPG focused of the three.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Play it for sure, ME1 is sorta the best of the three, as it has the single best mission of the three games(among other things), but its also sorta the worst. But just play it and see for your self. None of the 3 games are bad though, and even though ME3 has a terrible ending, its still a great game for the most part.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

no way man, the first one was the best of the three, IMHO.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Just like someone mentioned, Just play the first one and don't bother playing the next 2.

I played Mass Effect 1 on PC. I played Mass Effect 2 & 3 on PS3. I'm going to play Mass Effect 2 on PC and I'm probably going to play Mass Effect 3 on PC. What does this have to do with you? Absolutely nothing! MWAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA