By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW (UK & USA UP) - 12th May

Jay520 said:

Don't know how that disproves what I said about the sales...but okay. And like I said, most people enjoyed Warhawk.

Really?

The joke between my friends was to try and leave Warhawk with each other because it was such a poop game.  Not as bad as that Dragon one that came out at launch, but disappointing and goofy regardless.  And I LOVED the original Warhawk for PS.  When PS3 first came out my buddy got it at launch, and Warhawk and poop dragon game were all he had.  He tried to trade his PS3 for my Wii many times in those early days.  Our joke was to take his copy of Warhawk around and switch it with someone elses PS3 game until they noticed.  

This is of course just a small sample size, but everyone I know thought that game was crap. 

Around the Network

Vita needs Dat Price Cut, it's evident. And it's more than evident it will come soon.

Early adopters can already speculate what they'll receive as ambassadors - the irony is that sony will be labeled as a copycat from this too!

kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
kowenicki said:
Barozi said:
Europe is up.

Starhawk really bombed here. Even lower than Japan.

that is a bomb...  Wow....  but fully expected.  Sequel to a poor selling and massively over-rated Warhawk.

It didn't sell poorly. It was an extremely cheap title & sold one-million units not including digital downloads. And most people disagree with that last statement but I guess you have your opinion.

it was a very early PS3 title... people didnt have much else to play.  I am one of those million... buyers remorse kicked in soon after.

Starhawk conversely is a more expensive title and is launching when there are plenty of alternatives.... it will suffer as a result.

Don't know how that disproves what I said about the sales...but okay. And like I said, most people enjoyed Warhawk.

how do you know this?  you dont, you cant.

Various sources on the internet.

I only ever played Warhawk once. Was nothing special, honestly.

Why hasn't PS3 been adjusted yet?

Starhawk floped so HARD!! But, hey Sony does not know how to market a game, right?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
kowenicki said:
Barozi said:
Europe is up.

that is a bomb...  Wow....  but fully expected.  Sequel to a poor selling and massively over-rated Warhawk.

It didn't sell poorly. It was an extremely cheap title & sold one-million units not including digital downloads. And most people disagree with that last statement but I guess you have your opinion.

it was a very early PS3 title... people didnt have much else to play.  I am one of those million... buyers remorse kicked in soon after.

Starhawk conversely is a more expensive title and is launching when there are plenty of alternatives.... it will suffer as a result.

how do you know this?  you dont, you cant.

Various sources on the internet.

must be so then...

Starhawk did absolutely dreadfully, but most people enjoyed Warhawk, well at least those who rate games on PSN, the EU store has 2117 ratings and its got a score of 4.3 out of 5, not bad at all.

3DS needs a GTA for the hardcore and a Mario Bros. for the casual

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Train wreck said:
3DS is barely keeping up with last year revenue total

May 14 2011 88.5k @ 249 = 22.0m
May 12 2012 132.1k @ 169 = 22.3m

That's interesting. Never would have thought about that. 

This is why I keep saying a Vita price cut isn't the only way to save the Vita. A price cut should be the last resort.

Flame said:
VGKing said:

The price is fine. The only reason it's not selling its because it has no games. Yes, it is the same price as a PS3, but the PS3 is 6 years old. If anything is overpriced, its the PS3. Sony does need recognizable IP, but they don't necessarily have to be exclusive. A COD, Assassins Creed, FIFA..etc made to take advantage of Vita's features is all that is really needed. If they get cross platform play with PS3 that's a reason to own both.

I can't see CoD being a massive success.  Why buy it on a $250, unestablished handheld that's likely to be the weaker version, when you can get it on a $250 PS3.  There's no incentive for everyday people to go for it.  It probably won't be unique enough to differ from console experiences anyways besides being the weaker port.  

If you don't secure noteworthy exclusives, your console losses value.  Mario, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Kid Icaris, Pokemon, etc.  All of which are popular and noteworthy exclusive IPs (Some may be timed).  The last thing Vita needs is more ports of current gen console games. 

I agree. Vita won't get by on pure ports.

If COD game for it is an original title, I could see it really taking off. The good thing about it being a port of the PS3 version would be cross platform gameplay though.

@bold
Not everyone has a PS3/360. Some people prefer portable gaming.

kowenicki said:
Barozi said:
Europe is up.

Yeah. 9k? Really? Across all of Europe, in PS3s strongest market....
I doubt this game will ever hit 500k.