By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New trailer of The Last of Us - my jaw dropped - Most beautiful game ever made

Porcupine_I said:
brendude13 said:
Porcupine_I said:
good thing they changed her face, if she had looked like Ellen Page, it would have ruined the mood of the game for me, cause i would have constantly expected her to suddenly rape him in his sleep

...Explain?

you need to watch a movie called "Super"

Oh trust me, I will.

Sal.Paradise said:

*Entering a PS3 exclusive thread and seeing the hate*

That could be an awesome meme.

Around the Network

I don't get why people need to downplay this. It looks amazing and it shows there's still life for PS3 at Naughty Dogs. I hope this sells a lot so this fall PS3 owners have something to brag about while Xbox owners will have Halo 4, Nintendo will get WiiU and casuals will get COD... gaming is in good shape.

super...just super!!

it actually surprising the amount of people claiming this to be CGI(not just this site)...I mean the very first trailer stated that it was all in-game...heck even before it was even announced Geoff Kieghly from gametrailers also stated that the trailer was using the game's own engine. granted the gameplay won't exactly look like the trailer shown but if you ever played the Uncharted it will be nothing short of amazing(graphic-wise as we haven't seen any gameplay yet)

Well this and God of War Ascention are the reasons why i dont need nest gen consoles right now becauses those two games look like next gen to me.

Around the Network
Chark said:

It's not CGI...this has been an odd back and forth between you and Pesus.

Well, Pezus is one odd Oppa. 

It is CGI.

NintendoPie said:
Chark said:

It is CGI.

No it's not. CGI != in-engine.

If this is the best they could do with CGI, then they should be ashamed, but if it's in-engine (Which it is) then this is good.

Millenium said:
NintendoPie said:
Chark said:

It is CGI.

If this is the best they could do with CGI, then they should be ashamed, but if it's in-engine (Which it is) then this is good.

The new trailer released today by The Last of Us, was stunned by the extreme attention to detail and overall quality extremely high. 

The first thing we thought was in the newsroom is that in computer graphics. For the avoidance of doubt, I personally contacted Eric Monacelli, community manager of Naughty Dog, saying on twitterthat "the new movie theaters is very nice. I think is CG-executed engine, the details are too high for real- time on the PS3. "

The answer is rather: "is a movie entirely in-game!"

So the video was captured by the title running on PlayStation 3 and, as it did with Uncharted 3, the cut scenes are rendered with the game engine making the most of the computing power of the console, which can in these phases have the better hardware, not occupied by gameplay.

Link

Gilgamesh said:
Millenium said:
NintendoPie said:
Chark said:

It is CGI.

The new trailer released today by The Last of Us, was stunned by the extreme attention to detail and overall quality extremely high. 

The first thing we thought was in the newsroom is that in computer graphics. For the avoidance of doubt, I personally contacted Eric Monacelli, community manager of Naughty Dog, saying on twitterthat "the new movie theaters is very nice. I think is CG-executed engine, the details are too high for real- time on the PS3. "

So the video was captured by the title running on PlayStation 3 and, as it did with Uncharted 3, the cut scenes are rendered with the game engine making the most of the computing power of the console, which can in these phases have the better hardware, not occupied by gameplay.

Link

Isn't that basically what I said?...

pezus said:
Millenium said:
Gilgamesh said:
Millenium said:
NintendoPie said:
Chark said:

It is CGI.

Link

Isn't that basically what I said?...

Confirmation! 

In that case: *Stamp of approval*