By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New trailer of The Last of Us - my jaw dropped - Most beautiful game ever made

metroidking said:
This is going to be another stupid game trying to emulate movie storytelling with cinematic cutscenes. Games should be games, not movies. Same reason I hated Uncharted felt I was playing a movie and watching a damn movie during cutscenes. This trailer has got good graphics but so whats the point? I hate the fact that this is the way the industry is going in, its a pity.

If you don't like blockbuster cinematic storytelling like Uncharted, then go back playing whatever you liked before and pretend you never played Uncharted.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Ajescent said:

I shall expand.

We've only seen 2 trailers which shows you next to nothing about the game/gameplay yet people are calling it stuff like "most beautiful game ever made"? I agree this is my opinion but there are games out there that look A LOT better than this trailer. I think people should wait for more info and reveals before getting excited.

I still remember people getting excited for "Agent" after a logo reveal.

IN MY OPINION, Settle first, see what the game has to offer and not just "jizz" after the piece of info you see.

Well. IN my opinion IDC if it is the beautiful game in all galaxy. As long as it is a Survival horror annd a game from naughty dog. I already jizzed my pants .

This is kind of the point I'm getting at.

People don't really know much about this game but are getting excited, the same way that after seeing the trailer for Dead Island, people assumed it was going to be exactly what they think Last of Us is going to be.

So what I'm saying is instead of getting over-excited, stay cautiously optimistic.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I am excited for this game purely because i havn't brought a new ps3 game in ages.

So please be good, nice looking trailer btw

Chevinator123 said:
Ha. Imagine if they made a pre-quel to this game and called it "The First Of Us" and it would take place as or soon after the infection started to happen

Yes! and you play the first person that gets infected, and you have to hide and survive the vicious humans trying to stop you from infecting everyone!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Ajescent said:

This is kind of the point I'm getting at.

People don't really know much about this game but are getting excited, the same way that after seeing the trailer for Dead Island, people assumed it was going to be exactly what they think Last of Us is going to be.

So what I'm saying is instead of getting over-excited, stay cautiously optimistic.

I am a sucker for survival horror and IIRC  Last of Us have a Limited ammo and medkit. It's also a Naughty Dog so far this gen I am not disappointed with Uncharted. It's also what you call trust. I trust ND and ND+ Survival Horror= Wowzers for me. 

Around the Network

awesome!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

metroidking said:
This is going to be another stupid game trying to emulate movie storytelling with cinematic cutscenes. Games should be games, not movies. Same reason I hated Uncharted felt I was playing a movie and watching a damn movie during cutscenes. This trailer has got good graphics but so whats the point? I hate the fact that this is the way the industry is going in, its a pity.

actually, i believe the "industry" is going the exact opposite direction, by producing mass quantities of casual games that do nothing but kill time and give you a score, but no story to enjoy, think about, and get emotionally attached to.

i'm all for storytelling in games, and the better the story, the fonder i will remember a game.

but hey, that is only my opinion.

you should just avoid this game, it is not for you. ...that is my opinion as well 

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Nice looking trailer. Gameplay at E3 please.

Nothing jaw dropping here. Though cutscene looks visually great. We will probably see gameplay at E3.

Doesn't impress me as much as Uncharted 2 did. Graphically there are still some improvements to be made.