By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pandora's Tower is being Localized for North America

Tagged games:

Torillian said:
When I said "making it's way to the West" I was including Europe in the West as I assumed most people do. While I think that Pandora's Tower will eventually make it's way to NA that's not what I meant in that article and make no claim about knowing one way or another.

If this thread was based on this line: "In some ways Pandora's Tower is actually the best of the three Wii JRPGs making their way to the West...." -- then we have spent a lot of time talking about nothing.

We know the game has been released in Europe (its been out about a month). We also know it is a very slow mover/small seller: 74k in Japan, 27k in Europe.  Those numbers -- and not any review scores -- may prevent it from ever coming to North America.

(And as always, when someone askes why does NoA not release these games, I ask why did NoE release the games -- the one of which Nintendo released with a limited, exclusive deal outsold the total of Europe and the total of Japan (separately) in three weeks.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
Torillian said:
When I said "making it's way to the West" I was including Europe in the West as I assumed most people do. While I think that Pandora's Tower will eventually make it's way to NA that's not what I meant in that article and make no claim about knowing one way or another.

If this thread was based on this line: "In some ways Pandora's Tower is actually the best of the three Wii JRPGs making their way to the West...." -- then we have spent a lot of time talking about nothing.

We know the game has been released in Europe (its been out about a month). We also know it is a very slow mover/small seller: 74k in Japan, 27k in Europe.  Those numbers -- and not any review scores -- may prevent it from ever coming to North America.

(And as always, when someone askes why does NoA not release these games, I ask why did NoE release the games -- the one of which Nintendo released with a limited, exclusive deal outsold the total of Europe and the total of Japan (separately) in three weeks.

Mike from Morgantown

Just makin' sure people know what I meant by that line in the review.

Torillian said:
Just makin' sure people know what I meant by that line in the review.

Ah, now I understand. That reduces this news to the other source. That gives as source Nintemple, that is sourcing weith a Gamestop-guy, who says something about pre-order. Hmm, I would mark that as rumor.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's a nice game, has a nice old-skool vibe to it, with no added fat just for the sake of it.

the sooner the better!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Man, all these cool wii games coming out as soon as I sold my wii :/

I heard a lot of good words about this game, it's good it will be translated and released at USA, maybe it will come to Europe someday as well ^_^

It's already out in Europe :P

Oops, I failed, seems like I should pay more attention to Wii releases ^_^"