By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your first posts and/or predictions... A "I was right all along" production.

Tagged games:

Salnax said:
The earliest prediction I could find said that the Wii would have 200 million sellers, back in January 2011.

We're at 130 or 140 at the moment.

I suck at this.

You mean the DS right? Pretty sure the Wii did not reach 100 million yet haha

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:
Salnax said:
The earliest prediction I could find said that the Wii would have 200 million sellers, back in January 2011.

We're at 130 or 140 at the moment.

I suck at this.

You mean the DS right? Pretty sure the Wii did not reach 100 million yet haha

No, I meant the Wii. I thought it would have 200 games that sold one million or more.

Love and tolerate.

I made a thread about which would sell more PS3 or PSP, I said LTD sales for the PSP will be 75 million and 69 million for the PS3, a quick summary of the thread was that no one thought the PS3 would come close to outselling the PSP. This is back in 2008.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=46836&page=-1#1

Gilgamesh said:

I made a thread about which would sell more PS3 or PSP, I said LTD sales for the PSP will be 75 million and 69 million for the PS3, a quick summary of the thread was that no one thought the PS3 would come close to outselling the PSP. This is back in 2008.

You should bump that thread!

Good find gilga, figure others have many old predictions.

Around the Network

I didn't state my predictions because it would have gotten me banned back in those days (2007) with how much the people that ran this site loved Nintendo and didn't like Sony (This is when there were mods like Fishyjoe and Shams). I was right about the Wii not being the "PS2" of this generation - as in the console that rules in every category (market share, 3rd party support, profits, etc.)

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I predict that superchunk will start at least five more 'I was right' kind of threads in the coming years.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I don't think I've ever made a sales prediction. I made a couple bets about games metas though. My first would be that Forza 3>>GT IV review wise. :)

Troll_Whisperer said:
I predict that superchunk will start at least five more 'I was right' kind of threads in the coming years.

I think you're being way too modest.

This was my first prediction here:

I'm basing that on that next gen will sell a total of around 300 million consoles (give or take 30m units ^^), and with that numbers Nintendo CAN'T sell anything less than 40m, since that would be about 10% of the market (13.3% to be more precise I think - I've never been good with math) - and they haven't seen that bad numbers since the GC days... I think N64 had around 20% market share??

The speculation of 300 million consoles sold is based on the fact that since the SNES days (or the 4th console generation) and additional 50 m consoles has been sold for each generation:

4th: ~100m consoles sold

5th:~150m

6th: ~200m

7th: are heading towards ~250m consoles sold.

Therefore I assume the next gen will sell about 300m, and Nintendo should at the very least get 10% of the market share.

EDIT: That's of course if nothing drastic change, like iPads getting used like console, rendering them obsolite...

From the Anyone else feels that Nintendo has next gen locked up?-thread started by sethnintendo...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.