By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your first posts and/or predictions... A "I was right all along" production.

Tagged games:

I don't think I've ever made a sales prediction. I made a couple bets about games metas though. My first would be that Forza 3>>GT IV review wise. :)

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
I predict that superchunk will start at least five more 'I was right' kind of threads in the coming years.

I think you're being way too modest.

This was my first prediction here:

I'm basing that on that next gen will sell a total of around 300 million consoles (give or take 30m units ^^), and with that numbers Nintendo CAN'T sell anything less than 40m, since that would be about 10% of the market (13.3% to be more precise I think - I've never been good with math) - and they haven't seen that bad numbers since the GC days... I think N64 had around 20% market share??

The speculation of 300 million consoles sold is based on the fact that since the SNES days (or the 4th console generation) and additional 50 m consoles has been sold for each generation:

4th: ~100m consoles sold

5th:~150m

6th: ~200m

7th: are heading towards ~250m consoles sold.

Therefore I assume the next gen will sell about 300m, and Nintendo should at the very least get 10% of the market share.

EDIT: That's of course if nothing drastic change, like iPads getting used like console, rendering them obsolite...

From the Anyone else feels that Nintendo has next gen locked up?-thread started by sethnintendo...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

My first prediction was actually a bet with the OP. I bet that the Nextbox would not release this year. We'll see who was right all along.

Jay520 said:
My first prediction was actually a bet with the OP. I bet that the Nextbox would not release this year. We'll see who was right all along.

He will be just as wrong as his DS prediction

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

So if it gets announced but has the slated release of 2013 you'll win the bet? :p

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Jay520 said:

So if it gets announced but has the slated release of 2013 you'll win the bet? :p

Yes.