By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favorite 3rd Party Wii game?

WiiBox3 said:

I would have to say House of the Dead Overkill for me. That has to be one of the funniest games I have played in years.

My favorite scene starts 6:05.

http://youtu.be/cXxk2-sidOo

I came in here to list my favorite 3rd Party Wii game only to find that you beat me to it....HOTD Overkill is awesome!  So much so, that I also bought the PS3 version.  While the graphics are obviously better on the PS3, I find that the Wii Remotes work better for this game than the Move controllers.  On my 60" TV, the Move controllers seem to lose their calibration quickly when I reload as I will have to aim off screen and then back on for my ridicule to be where I'm pointing.  The Wii remotes are about spot on though.  To be honest, I love all of the HOTD games, they're great fun and the voice acting is absolutely horrible.  HOTD 4 is out on the PS3 and that too is a great game, but is like the other numbered HOTD games.  Overkill was just that.....

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
I loved Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, but I suppose that's a Gamecube game with motion controls. (I've now played that game on 4 systems, what a masterpiece.)
While we're talking about it, RE4 on the Gamecube was definitely one of the best 3rd Party games on that system.

Stop hating and start playing.

Epic Mickey
Little King's Story
Deblob 1 & 2

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Epic Mickey and Monster Hunter Tri...
Goldeneye was pretty fun too...

Have a nice day...

RE4 for multiplat and Little King's Story for exclusive

Around the Network

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world in second

No More Heroes.

SvennoJ said:
Zack and Wiki. Shame it never got a sequel. Motion plus + balance board could have been used with that.

I'll second this. The game and the sentiment.

After that, I think No More Heroes and Okami. Still need to play a bunch of third-party games.

World of Goo. One of the best puzzle games of the generation, and easily the best Wii Ware game.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and as a runner up Sonic Colors.