By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: NSMB2 will outsell the top 10 PSV games shown off at E3 2012 combined

Will this prediction become true?

Yes, definitely. 244 53.39%

Probably. 103 22.54%

Maybe. Maybe not. 42 9.19%

Unlikely. 33 7.22%

Impossible. 35 7.66%

Total:457

With the install base of the 3DS in comparison to the Vita, yeah you're probably right.

Around the Network

I still think Rol should change his bet and include top 10 Vita games announced in all of 2012!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Fine, I'll post...

It's hard to pick a top 3 there's to many unpredictable games. But for sure a top 3 in that list in the OP will outsell NSMB2. Here are some of my thoughts, going through the list it looks like CoD, Allstars, and Fifa should be the top three. Could do up to 15 million, a number NSMB2 won't hit unless it's bundled, then it has a chance.

• Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 2.5m
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified - 6 - 8m
  • FIFA 13 - 4m
  • Gravity Rush - 2m
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - 2m
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.5m 
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - 2m
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted - 1m
  • Persona 4: The Golden - 2.5m
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - 3m
That's another thing are you counting bundles if its bundled?

Gilgamesh said:

Fine, I'll post...

It's hard to pick a top 3 there's to many unpredictable games. But for sure a top 3 in that list in the OP will outsell NSMB2. Here are some of my thoughts, going through the list it looks like CoD, Allstars, and Fifa should be the top three. Could do up to 15 million, a number NSMB2 won't hit unless it's bundled, then it has a chance.

• FIFA 13 - 4m
  • Gravity Rush - 2m
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.5m 

How do you think that Persona 4 will sell 2,5 million. The highest a Persona game has sold, has been 0,82 million copies.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Gilgamesh said:

Fine, I'll post...

• FIFA 13 - 4m
  • Gravity Rush - 2m
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.5m 

Out of curiosity

Why are you expecting NSMB2 to do only half of its predecessor's lifetime total?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:

Fine, I'll post...

• FIFA 13 - 4m
  • Gravity Rush - 2m
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.5m 

Out of curiosity

Why are you expecting NSMB2 to do only half of its predecessor's lifetime total?

Because I only expect the 3DS to do half as good as it's predecessor.

@Alpha, undertracked

Gilgamesh said:
Khuutra said:

Out of curiosity

Because I only expect the 3DS to do half as good as it's predecessor.

@Alpha, undertracked

Interesting. Only one problem with that assertion: though there are games like Mario Kart that depend on the size of hte installbase to attract more users, there's currently nothing to suggest that this is true of original 2D Marios. They sell pretty consistently in the 15-30 million range, regardless of the size of their installbase. 15 million would be the absolute minimum to expect out of NSMB2 lifetime.

Gilgamesh said:

Fine, I'll post...

• FIFA 13 - 4m
  • Gravity Rush - 2m
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.5m 

There is no way that these games will sell this much. Uncharted: Golden Abyss only sold 0.58 million copies. I'd be surprised if any of these games got past one million unless there is a price cut.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

but COD is going to save the Vita!

seriously though your insulting Mario pffft!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Flanneryaug said:
Gilgamesh said:

Fine, I'll post...

• FIFA 13 - 4m
  • Gravity Rush - 2m
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.5m 

There is no way that these games will sell this much. Uncharted: Golden Abyss only sold 0.58 million copies. I'd be surprised if any of these games got past one million unless there is a price cut.

Well the Vita userbase is very small, which explains low sales from games, but we also don't know how much Uncharted has been selling in virtual format. The Vita userbase will also grow in the future, which explains his predictions. The first few 3ds games sold also pretty badly, I can even see some of these games sell more, for example I think that the Lego game will sell between 2.5 to 3.5 million units LT, but fow Fifa i see lower sales, like 500k to 1 million and for the other games  i see for the most sell more than Gilgamesh predicts, except for Persona,  Fifa  13 and MGS HD.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David