By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: NSMB2 will outsell the top 10 PSV games shown off at E3 2012 combined

Will this prediction become true?

Yes, definitely. 244 53.39%

Probably. 103 22.54%

Maybe. Maybe not. 42 9.19%

Unlikely. 33 7.22%

Impossible. 35 7.66%

Total:457
spurgeonryan said:
I do not see CoD Vita selling as much as everyone is hoping. Maybe around 600 thousand at the most.

More in line with the Wii CoD's i'd say. Maybe 1.5 million?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I can see that happening.

This is by far the easiest prediction I've seen on this site. The only game that might be a system seller is COD and even that is a shot in the dark for Sony. NSMB2 will outself the top 10 Vita games by a astronomical amount.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

Since no PSV games were shown off at E3 2012, you're technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Counting stuff not at the keynote... probably, yes. Sony hasn't announced any heavy hitters, if it even has any on portable devices, and NSMB sells like hotcakes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Gravity Rush should be added to the list. Sure it comes out in a week but it is being shown off at Sony's booth. If I'm correct, NSMB2 is also releasing digitaly so since we can't track those sales Vita games have a better chance.

Around the Network

I think Black Ops Declassified and AC3 Liberation will make it very hard for your prediction to come true

RolStoppable said:

Also, it has to be seen if Sony can even show off ten PSV games, because rumor has it that the PSV is widely perceived as a handheld that is a waste of everybody's time.

Rol predicts even without predicting.

Inception? I think not.

RolStoppable said:
ryuzaki57 said:
I think Black Ops Declassified and AC3 Liberation will make it very hard for your prediction to come true

These two games release on the same day as their home console counterparts, so I am not worried at all.

A GTA releasing this fall, long before GTA V, would have been a much bigger threat to my prediction.

An 8m-selling portable GTA (and that's very generous) would still leave an average of about 1.5 million per title for the rest of the games in the top ten

I think you'd be safe

What you should have predicteed instead, Rol, is that NSMB2 will outsell ALL announced games in 2012 for the PSV! THAT would have been interesting - you're playing it safe as it is ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I'm thinking here, what if cod vita is just a port of the first Black Ops?

I mean, maybe that Declassified is just a subtitle for "enhanced port" just like Batman Arkhan City Armored Edition or even Wii`s Cod Reflex

That would make your prediction way easier