By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Strange news: Nintendo Phasing Out 3DS Aqua Blue

Tagged games:

Redesign it to make it look like the DSi or DSi Xl. Go on Nintendo, do it.

Around the Network

I've got the Aqua Blue 3DS, because it was better than black. And I love it. If it becomes rarer, all the better.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The worst color, imo. It looks like it was once blue but got pale due to age or something.
It contributed a little to the bad launch period it had.

Now, if only they announce Midnight Purple in europe... I don't want an american system - inazuma eleven still has 5% chance of being announced.

TrevDaRev said:
I got the Aqua Blue version a couple of months after launch, then my 7yr old sister got the red version last Christmas, she now let's me know on a regular basis that she's got the 'cooler' 3DS. I always thought that Aqua Blue was a really strange choice of colour for a launch model.

Lucky!! 

With the popularity of the Cyan Nokia Lumia 900 I'm surprised they are phasing out this color.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
I was thinking just the other day that i should have bought the Aqua Blue version at launch instead. Black stains so much...

Aqua Blue isn't much better. If at all. =^/

As an aside, why is this thread tagged to 3D Land?

Well the Cobalt Blue looks much nicer anyway.
I guess there's a good reason for this. Maybe 'cos they want to focus on having separate colors that don't look too much alike? I dunno, whatever! But I'm keeping my Aqua system! :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:
I've got the Aqua Blue 3DS, because it was better than black. And I love it. If it becomes rarer, all the better.

I am pretty sure you are from England too.

I am.

*reported for being nationalist*

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Yeah, kind of weird that they are getting rid of the cool colour.

Image they got it backwards and it is black they're getting rid of, that would make more sense.

Red is the only other good colour.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I got the aqua blue at launch because it was the better color. I wonder why would they would get rid of it.

Pokemon Y FC: 1461-6202-2180

in-game name: Matthew