By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2012 NPD 360 HW 236k, PS3 175k, Wii 91k

NiKKoM said:

from neogaf:

Overall industry down 32%. Software sales at retail are down 42%.

Originally Posted by Eruogamer:
"Last April, the top seven titles outsold the top-selling title this year, and, simply stated, there were notably fewer new market introductions," said Frazier.

Software:

1.) Prototype 2 (360, PS3) Activision Blizzard - Less than 236K, perhaps significantly.
2.) Kinect Star Wars (360) Lucasarts
3.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC) Activision Blizzard
4.) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (360, PS3) Electronic Arts
5.) NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC, PS2) Take-Two Interactive
6.) The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (360, PC) Warner Bros. Interactive
7.) Mario Party 9 (Wii) Nintendo
8.) Mass Effect 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
9.) Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360, PS3) Ubisoft
10.) MLB 12: The show (PS3, PSV) Sony

eeeuww...

No BF3? BF3 is always outselling MW3 in the UK

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
smbu2000 said:

According to somebody at GAF:

Originally Posted by creamsugar
PSP < ? < Vita < Wii < ? < 3DS < 150k < PS3 < 200k < 360

I believe you guys could figure out what is '?' stand for.
Originally Posted by creamsugar
Sorry, DS seems better than Vita.
So...

PSP < 50k < Vita < DS < Wii < 100k < 3DS < 150k < PS3 < 200k < 360

Sounds about right. My guesses:

• 360: 236k
  • PS3: 170k
  • 3DS: 140k
  • Wii: 90k
  • DS: 80k
  • PSV: 75k
  • PSP: 25k

Looks Like Ps360 will dominate gaming from now on... Wii fad is over, Wii U will be in trouble.

Ps720 to dominate next gen.

I do want to be positive so: I'm glad the Vita is doing better then the PSPGo

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Turkish said:
NiKKoM said:

from neogaf:

"Last April, the top seven titles outsold the top-selling title this year, and, simply stated, there were notably fewer new market introductions," said Frazier.

Software:

1.) Prototype 2 (360, PS3) Activision Blizzard - Less than 236K, perhaps significantly.

eeeuww...

Thats the problem with the USA and why you shouldn't take those numbers seriously.
In Europe Fifa and Battlefield are destroying Call of Duty...And even CoD is selling better on the PS3 in Europe.
Its just insane how much the USA is pushing the 360,Call of Duty and Halo....and Kinect.
Its hardcore how much they dont care for quality and rather play the stuff that is cool at school.

kowenicki said:
360 relatively good (market share), but in absolute terms not very good.

PS3 and Wii poor.

All overtracked, PS3 and especially Wii quite heavily in % terms.

Adjustments will be incoming for PS3 and possibly Wii too following this and the Sony shipment numbers.

Next gen required...

Errr the 360 is overtracked more than the ps3 this month in terms of raw numbers.

Around the Network
bertlsenix said:
Turkish said:
NiKKoM said:

from neogaf:

Software:

eeeuww...

Thats the problem with the USA and why you shouldn't take those numbers seriously.
In Europe Fifa and Battlefield are destroying Call of Duty...And even CoD is selling better on the PS3 in Europe.
Its just insane how much the USA is pushing the 360,Call of Duty and Halo....and Kinect.
Its hardcore how much they dont care for quality and rather play the stuff that is cool at school.

So Xbox 360 and Halo dont have quality ??

Lol this forumis priceless.

cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:

PS3 and Wii poor.

Adjustments will be incoming for PS3 and possibly Wii too following this and the Sony shipment numbers.

Next gen required...

Errr the 360 is overtracked more than the ps3 this month in terms of raw numbers.

He said they were all overtracked and that the Wii particularly so, no mention of the 360 being overtracked more or less than the PS3.

He only mentioned adjustments for PS3 and Wii because it is on regards to the recent Sony shipping numbers.  I think you've jumped the gun in your eagerness to bash him and should read his post again. 

The 360 probably will need adjusting too but the issue is masked in the overall numbers by the poor tracking of sales in the EU for the 360.  I think the issue with the 360 is we overtrack it in the US and undertrack in the EU consistantly, but thats just my opinion. 

bad numbers everywhere

bertlsenix said:
Turkish said:
NiKKoM said:

from neogaf:

Software:

eeeuww...

Don't care for quality? Is this post a joke? If I had to choose between my 360 and my Ps3, I 'd dump my ps3 in a second. 

How does FIFA relate to choosing one fps over a different fps? 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

slowmo said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:

PS3 and Wii poor.

Next gen required...

He said they were all overtracked and that the Wii particularly so, no mention of the 360 being overtracked more or less than the PS3.

He only mentioned adjustments for PS3 and Wii because it is on regards to the recent Sony shipping numbers.  I think you've jumped the gun in your eagerness to bash him and should read his post again. 

The 360 probably will need adjusting too but the issue is masked in the overall numbers by the poor tracking of sales in the EU for the 360.  I think the issue with the 360 is we overtrack it in the US and undertrack in the EU consistantly, but thats just my opinion. 

But it's the same old story, certain posters playing up Sony overtracking and downplaying Microsoft overtracking. Here we have yet another month where the 360 is overtracked more than the ps3, yet he like many others, try to spin it in the best possible light by cherry picking the data to find something that makes the 360 seem better whilst ignoring the most important fact which is the 360 is more overtracked then the ps3 yet again.