By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How was the VGC of Old?! Newbs and Vets welcome alike!

Was it better in the old days?

Hellz yeah! 53 59.55%

Naaaw, I don't know... 5 5.62%

I don't care... 5 5.62%

w00T?! Noooooo! 3 3.37%

I miss my old friends/frienemies :( 5 5.62%

Now is not the time to look back! 8 8.99%

Meeh, show resultz 10 11.24%

Total:89
Scoobes said:
DanneSandin said:
Gilgamesh said:

You can say that, but then the site wouldn't be as "professional" anymore. It's like a business now then a fun place to hang.

Yeah, no one really enjoys hanging around in an office...

Maybe if it was a Valve office...

Yeah, that would be awesome! Or, like, Nintendo!

Man, now I wnna have an office!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Another one is every year ioi was watched the F1 and he would like one guy and I think thesource liked another. Anyway at the time thesource was a site admin and ioi got pissed because his guy lost and anyone who liked the other guy would get a ban by ioi and in the end thesource ended up banning ioi. It happened a couple times both with pretty halarious.

Another time there was a thread and I forget who but maybe ioi banned all the mods on the site for the night for some reason lol

Nooo... ioi (aka the boss of this website) worked for the Mclaren F1 team before he worked fulltime on this site.. he was part of the losing Mclaren team in 2007 when Kimi Raikonnen from Ferrari finish ahead of the 2 mclaren drivers in the championship in the last race of the season while he was third in the standing for the championship.. the term "Kimi deserved to win" became an instant note to be banned from the site.. a mod saved us by banning ioi for a day..

the next year he was a part of the winning Mclaren f1 team and got drunk... and ended up banning people..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

My signature is still from those fateful days =P

DanneSandin said:
radiantshadow92 said:
ill tell you the problem.

No one talks about the games.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=143157&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140788&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=143153&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136756

there's plenty of talking about games, perhaps you just don't get involved anyomre?

those are all either vs threads or news threads. before, we would talk about gameplay in games and ways to complete them. We would have a demons souls thread and talk about the game and no one would go in with a dumb remark. Threads like that dont exist anymore and the fanboyism is too strong with everyone. I dont get involved anymore because no one talks about the games. its all talk about random shit and vs threads with a hint of news. 

What I miss most  is the lively and, ofttimes , ridiculous off-topic threads (e.g. Salad Tossing!)

There were so many accentuated, emphatic personalities. Several users demanded attention, due to either bold bombastic predictions, interesting, keen observations or a slew of other reasons.

Who am I to say that users today don't have the same rewarding experience that I had years ago?I can't - I just don't anymore. And haven't for some time. That being said, I did have a lot of fun!

Around the Network

In the golden old days you didn't see as many crazily long unnecessary quotes on the forums. *cough* first page of this thread *cough*

NiKKoM said:
Gilgamesh said:

Another one is every year ioi was watched the F1 and he would like one guy and I think thesource liked another. Anyway at the time thesource was a site admin and ioi got pissed because his guy lost and anyone who liked the other guy would get a ban by ioi and in the end thesource ended up banning ioi. It happened a couple times both with pretty halarious.

Another time there was a thread and I forget who but maybe ioi banned all the mods on the site for the night for some reason lol

Nooo... ioi (aka the boss of this website) worked for the Mclaren F1 team before he worked fulltime on this site.. he was part of the losing Mclaren team in 2007 when Kimi Raikonnen from Ferrari finish ahead of the 2 mclaren drivers in the championship in the last race of the season while he was third in the standing for the championship.. the term "Kimi deserved to win" became an instant note to be banned from the site.. a mod saved us by banning ioi for a day..

the next year he was a part of the winning Mclaren f1 team and got drunk... and ended up banning people..

You're having us on aren't you?

DanneSandin said:
TrevDaRev said:
DanneSandin said:
TrevDaRev said:
I miss the 'Top 200' the most. I remember when global software numbers went up at the end of the week the first thing I did was click onto them and go to the 4th (last) page and work my way backwards from 200 to 1. I loved to see how all the old PS2 games were selling, miss those days.

I've never heard of that features... when did that dissapear?

With the arrival of VGC Pro. It went from 'Top 200' to 'Top 30 or 40', can't remember which, anyway, that felt like a huge slap in the face.

So you miss going thru 200 top games? Is it that you feel that top 40 is to small?

Yeah, I miss doing that. I was pissed that they took that feature away. I also remember a really nice feature that allowed you to look at the top selling games of a platform during that paticular week, that was great, especially for the older platforms like the PS2, it was always interesting to see how some PS2 games were still selling a couple of thousand units every week.

Hmm, all this got me thinking; am I the only member who has never changed his avatar? Not even once in almost five years.

2007 vgcharz was the greatest, by the way Rol and Twes were hilarious .