By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft told Pachter their E3 focus is on services over games

Panama said:
The problem is that the consumer gives them no reason to release retail exclusives. The 360 usually dominates sales charts in the USA with what tends to be a purely third party retail lineup for the last 4 years. It's the consumer's fault for having such low standards if anything, not Microsoft's.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

MS is running out of steam. They have milked their franchise's to the degree where it cant offer more. aren't MS fans tired of Halo/Forza in one year then gears/fable the year after? This is how its been going for the past few years....

Frank_kc said:

Aren't MS fans tired of Halo/Forza in one year then gears/fable the year after? This is how its been going for the past few years....

Nope, I'm not getting tired of seeing some of the greatest franchises (Except Fable...) return year after year.

Oh, and it really should be "360 fans" Just because we like the 360 and it's games/services, doesn't mean we necesarilly prefer Microsoft over the other companies.

It has been the case for two years now, third party support + Kinect ensure X360 momentum (at least in the US) so there's no need for MS to go all out about exclusives, unlike Sony with PS3.
Weakest E3 from all the big 3 companies pretty much confirmed.

I knew this will happen when I heard MS briefing is subjected as "Entertainment Envolved". Shit, MS, don't treat us like this. We wanna games.

Around the Network

well that's no surprise. if i was doing the Verdict this yr. i'd fail MS now, but i'm not so i won't.

i was really hoping to see something from MS other then Halo 4(which i'm looking forward to surprisingly) and 3rd party games that can be shown anywhere.

i think MS have forgotten that this is the gaming industry, thus it's all about the games, yet even with this bit of news, you can't write MS focus games off completely. while multimedia may take up most of thier press conference at E3, they'll likely still have greet games to show.

ImJustBayuum said:
Sigh, still waiting for the Conker sequel.

I'm still waiting for Banjo Threeie

Well that is what everyone expects.

damn they have to work on something. they opened few new studios, they hire new people every freaking day...wtf? this time i believe pachter, no reason for him to say that microsoft told him that if it's not true.

i just don't get it. yes, xbox is selling decent, but with more games it would sell better. and it's not only about "hey it's selling good without many exclusives", they shouldn#t forget that they will lose a lot of xbox 360 purchasers for the nextbox if they aren't pleased. many who bought the 360 in the first years bought the console just for the games and not for multimedia. all my gaming friends and i had a 360.many sold the 360 because they got bored by the lack of exclusives the last few years. and i am not sure if my friends will buy the nextbox instead of a ps4 or only pc like they do atm, playing on pc. i will, because i will buy all three but not sure about people who buy only one or two consoles.

crissindahouse said:

damn they have to work on something. they opened few new studios, they hire new people every freaking day...wtf? this time i believe pachter, no reason for him to say that microsoft told him that if it's not true.

i just don't get it. yes, xbox is selling decent, but with more games it would sell better. and it's not only about "hey it's selling good without many exclusives", they shouldn#t forget that they will lose a lot of xbox 360 purchasers for the nextbox if they aren't pleased. many who bought the 360 in the first years bought the console just for the games and not for multimedia. all my gaming friends and i had a 360.many sold the 360 because they got bored by the lack of exclusives the last few years. and i am not sure if my friends will buy the nextbox instead of a ps4 or only pc like they do atm, playing on pc. i will, because i will buy all three but not sure about people who buy only one or two consoles.

Most of the new hires are probably working on titles for the next Xbox platform. Microsoft may be planning on having a mass of titles release for the first year of the next console (as they are often quite spare... Microsoft are going to be competing hard for the top spot early on), which means taking a lot of resources away from the 360... which already has a large enough catalogue to stand on its own feet.