By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft told Pachter their E3 focus is on services over games

Frank_kc said:
MS is running out of steam. They have milked their franchise's to the degree where it cant offer more. aren't MS fans tired of Halo/Forza in one year then gears/fable the year after? This is how its been going for the past few years....

You wish bud.

Yay!!!

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:

If Microsoft have no significant games for E3, then they've already lost it. Extra services, almost all certainly tied to a Gold account so they can 'monetize' us, are about as attractive to me as a Ballmer forcing a 360 down my throat, that manic expression of his leering down at me as he squeezes it in.

I need new games, Microsoft. Justify my ownership of your console, please.

No. Microsoft knows they don't need to impress gamers to win. In order to win own the casual home. Their plan was always to take over the gamers home with multimedia ever since they saw Sony do it. The difference between Sony and Microsoft is Sony gives a damn about gaming and are actually good at it. Microsoft couldn't fool the Japanese into caring about them, but Americans..thats a different story.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Hapimeses said:

If Microsoft have no significant games for E3, then they've already lost it. Extra services, almost all certainly tied to a Gold account so they can 'monetize' us, are about as attractive to me as a Ballmer forcing a 360 down my throat, that manic expression of his leering down at me as he squeezes it in.

No.

Microsoft knows they don't need to impress gamers to win. In order to win own the casual home. Their plan was always to take over the gamers home with multimedia ever since they saw Sony do it.

You do realize Sony has been trailing Microsoft in this regard or over 7 years now right?

The difference between Sony and Microsoft is Sony gives a damn about gaming and are actually good at it. Microsoft couldn't fool the Japanese into caring about them, but Americans..thats a different story.

Uh, no. Sony just like Microsft gives a damn about money, they're just worse at holding onto that money, also LMAO at your cultural remark, is that the best you can do? How about this one: Sony failed to hang onto the Americans, they're that BAD!!!

seriously...

Millenium said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Hapimeses said:

No.

Microsoft knows they don't need to impress gamers to win. In order to win own the casual home. Their plan was always to take over the gamers home with multimedia ever since they saw Sony do it.

You do realize Sony has been trailing Microsoft in this regard or over 7 years now right?

The difference between Sony and Microsoft is Sony gives a damn about gaming and are actually good at it. Microsoft couldn't fool the Japanese into caring about them, but Americans..thats a different story.

Uh, no. Sony just like Microsft gives a damn about money, they're just worse at holding onto that money, also LMAO at your cultural remark, is that the best you can do? How about this one: Sony failed to hang onto the Americans, they're that BAD!!!

seriously...

1. No Sony has not been trailing Microsoft in that regard. In terms of multimedia Sony was still ahead. Xbox Live was the superior OS at one point if that is what you're saying. Sales don't always equate to quality. Microsofts added apps after Sony did but made them a large part of the deal than Sony ever cared to. Blu Ray movies are superior to normal DVD's and thanks to Sony its now affordable in your house even if you went for the stand alone.

2. Sony gives a damn about money just like Microsoft just like any company should, but Sony became a great gaming company the second they touched the gaming industry by giving a damn about gaming and creating diverse experiences. Halo saved Microsofts skin in the gaming industry and Microsoft knows this. Imagine...one game which was meant for the Apple computer could revolutionize console gaming. Sony never failed to hang onto Americans because its still selling rather well in America. Americans are no strangers to large commercialization and monopolistic companies. You see whoever shouts the loudest can win at anything in America. Kinect acted like they revolutionized gaming and had crowds of people, while Sony did the same thing last gen and recieved no such reception because of shitty marketing. Microsoft understands how to exist in the gaming realm now and it doesn't have to include gamers to exist. Focus on payment plans and cellphone methodology is huge in America right now and because America is the strongest market it will dictate the pace for everything else.

So, ... Microsoft talks to Pachter? No wonder he's so biased.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Millenium said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Hapimeses said:

No.

seriously...

1. No Sony has not been trailing Microsoft in that regard. In terms of multimedia Sony was still ahead. Xbox Live was the superior OS at one point if that is what you're saying. Sales don't always equate to quality. Microsofts added apps after Sony did but made them a large part of the deal than Sony ever cared to. Blu Ray movies are superior to normal DVD's and thanks to Sony its now affordable in your house even if you went for the stand alone.

2. Sony gives a damn about money just like Microsoft just like any company should, but Sony became a great gaming company the second they touched the gaming industry by giving a damn about gaming and creating diverse experiences. Halo saved Microsofts skin in the gaming industry and Microsoft knows this. Imagine...one game which was meant for the Apple computer could revolutionize console gaming. Sony never failed to hang onto Americans because its still selling rather well in America. Americans are no strongers to large commercialization and monopolistic companies. You see whoever shouts the loudest can win at anything in America. Kinect acted like they revolutionized gaming and had crowds of people, while Sony did the same thing last gen and recieved no such reception because of shitty marketing. Microsoft understands how to exist in the gaming realm now and it doesn't have to include gamers to exist. Focus on payment plans and cellphone methodology is huge in America right now and because America is the strongest market it will dictate the pace for everything else.

1: Yes, they HAVE been trailign Microsoft in that regard, it is indisputable, PSN has been playing catch up ever since XBL launched, and it is only now finally starting to get close.

1A: "Microsofts added apps after Sony did but made them a large part of the deal than Sony ever cared to" == Superior Quality to Sony's Apps && Sony did not care about the consumer enough to focus on this! Thanks for readily admitting it, makes this so much easier.

1B: "Blu Ray movies are superior to normal DVD's and thanks to Sony its now affordable in your house even if you went for the stand alone." ==

"Blu Ray movies are superior to normal DVD's and thanks to:

it's now affordable in your house even if you went for the stand alone." <--- There, I added in the other 18 Companies you convienently forgot to include.

2A: "Halo saved Microsofts skin in the gaming industry and Microsoft knows this. Imagine...one game which was meant for the Apple computer could revolutionize console gaming.

Yes, and Microsoft WAS smart enough to invest into that game, instead of becoming a company desperate to make a "Halo Killer!!!" for the following 6 years.

Oh and you forgot the fairly sizable list of IP's Microsoft has/had, as well as the 100's of millions of copies of software being sold to the platform that AREN'T Halo.

2B: Sony never failed to hang onto Americans because its still selling rather well in America" == Sony did so Abysmal they went from a easy first position to a large third position in the market in just one generation.

But really, feel free to keep on trolling Microsoft in every thread you see instead of just NOT trolling for ONCE, I expect no different from you.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Hapimeses said:

No. Microsoft knows they don't need to impress gamers to win. In order to win own the casual home. Their plan was always to take over the gamers home with multimedia ever since they saw Sony do it. The difference between Sony and Microsoft is Sony gives a damn about gaming and are actually good at it. Microsoft couldn't fool the Japanese into caring about them, but Americans..thats a different story.

japanese just don't buy foreign products if they can buy the same quaility from a japanese company, that's it...the whole japanese car market is 95% japanese cars, don't tell me the other companies of the whole world don't build good cars. and if they would have a big shoe company like nike or adidas, they wouldn't buy adidas and nike anymore.

there are a few exceptions, but only a few...

crissindahouse said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Hapimeses said:

japanese just don't buy foreign products if they can buy the same quaility from a japanese company, that's it...the whole japanese car market is 95% japanese cars, don't tell me the other companies of the whole world don't build good cars. and if they would have a big shoe company like nike or adidas, they wouldn't buy adidas and nike anymore.

Mizuno?

We will just have to wait and see then.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Kynes said:
crissindahouse said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Hapimeses said:

Mizuno?

i meant worldwide successful. and if they buy only this mizuno and nothing else it would even worse than i thought^^