By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who's the strongest super hero? (No anime!)

Epic_Bro_Fist said:
Kasz216 said:
Epic_Bro_Fist said:
Kasz216 said:

"All he's been able to do is reform his body from complete desctruction."

Seriously?  How many superheros have a better feat then reform their body from complete destruction?  That's far beyond anything CAS has done.  I mean think about it.  Everything about him was destroyed, yet somehow he wasn't really even inconveinced by that.

Punching harder doesn't make things atomize harder.

And no.  Lack of self determination doesn't disprove omnipotence.

Well, unless you don't think God is Omnipotent... since it's meant to be another paralel.

Sorry I edited my post, Superman Prime goes back in time and kills Doctor Manhatan before the accident. 

Also to comment on the God parralel, if your omnipotent that means you have no weakness while we obviously see that Manhatan has a glaring weakness to Tachyons. 

So I'm guessing you've never actually read DC One Million and got confused based on the fact that there are three different supermen in that book.

Outside which, it's not like Tachyons are his Kryptonite, they just affect his ability to see in the "future".

Superman Prime, if he had time travel powers (he doesn't.) goes back in time, to kill Dr. M before he's transformed except, Dr. M knows that and kills him.

Since he views all time at once.  Including before the accident.

It doesn't have to be Superman just naming a hero that has time travel, It can be the time trapper for all I care. 

Hes not omnipotent if he has something that can weaken him or serves as a weakness. 

It doesn't matter if Doctor Manhaton knows or doesn't because Superman or whatever character goes back in time before the accident and kill Manhaton, that simple. Manhaton hasn't even shown any power that could allow hime to stop time manipulaters so therefore he dies. 

Also you seem to keep making a point for omnipotence even though your wrong, deal with it. now your arguing for omniscients when even though you have nothing to back it up except for telling me to read the comic, back up your claim with visual evidence because there is nothing that definitely proves what you claim. 

Except, you know.  Watchmen.  That's one of the main pivotal scenes of Watchmen when he's with Silk Spectre and explains it to her.

I'm tired debating with you about a character you don't know a thing about because you don't know the source matieral.

Time travel wouldn't work.  There are only one way a regular character could beat Dr. Manhatten.  That isn't viable in a comic book setting.

Well or being Squirrel Girl.

I'll say it one last time.  Read Watchmen.

Around the Network

If it wasnt for kryptomite it would obviously be Superman. He's invincible. he moves at the speed of light, he flys, he can pick up ANYTHING even planets, has laser vision, freeze breath, you can shoot him with bullets, rockets, lasers and they just literally break on bounce off him. Honestly no other super hero matches up to him. Plus hes the only natural hero. the others are normal people who put on a disguise like a batsuit or spider suit.! while supermans disguise is Clark Kent.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Wait, so he's never even read Watchmen? Then why the hell is he arguing? He doesn't even know the capabilities of Manhattan (and please, the misspelling of "Manhattan" is killing me; it's a borough of New York and the most famous city in the world and is spelled phonetically).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

By the way, for my money. Superman Prime from DC 1 million is way more powerful them Cosmic Armor Superman.

I mean, CA superman won essentially by ring out.

Superman Prime was waaaaaaaaaaaaay off the charts powerful and only a small portion of his abilities shown... and he had a 15,000 year solar dip going.

I

Just curious, if someone was invisible or so fast that Mr. Manhattan couldn't see him (to be able to fuck with there molecules) would that person stand a chance against Mr. Manhattan??

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Just curious, if someone was invisible or so fast that Mr. Manhattan couldn't see him (to be able to fuck with there molecules) would that person stand a chance against Mr. Manhattan??

If the person knew enough about Manhattan to interfere with tachyon radiation and therefore block his ability to see through time, he'd be able to maybe destroy Manhattan.

But then Manhattan would just re-form himself and take care of the situation. So, no, not really.

Again, the only possible way to defeat Manhattan is to get the jump on him and then find a way to move him to another dimension. It's not clear whether Manhattan would be able to return or not. I'm inclined to believe "no".

You can't destroy Manhattan. You can only find ways to remove him from the equation and the amount of knowledge you'd need to do it makes it a difficult proposition. Ozymandias, the most intelligent man in the Watchmen U, stumbled upon the knowledge by accident and only knew about it because Manhattan trusted him enough to work closely with him for quite some time.

rocketpig said:
Gilgamesh said:

If the person knew enough about Manhattan to interfere with tachyon radiation and therefore block his ability to see through time, he'd be able to maybe destroy Manhattan.

But then Manhattan would just re-form himself and take care of the situation. So, no, not really.

Again, the only possible way to defeat Manhattan is to get the jump on him and then find a way to move him to another dimension. It's not clear whether Manhattan would be able to return or not. I'm inclined to believe "no".

You can't destroy Manhattan. You can only find ways to remove him from the equation and the amount of knowledge you'd need to do it makes it a difficult proposition. Ozymandias, the most intelligent man in the Watchmen U, stumbled upon the knowledge by accident and only knew about it because Manhattan trusted him enough to work closely with him for quite some time.

Is his body super strong or can someone cut him just like a real person?

Cut off his limbs, put em each in a box, send each box flying in opposite ends of the universe?

Gilgamesh said:
rocketpig said:
Gilgamesh said:

Cut off his limbs, put em each in a box, send each box flying in opposite ends of the universe?

I don't think he's super-strong in his normal state but there'd be no reason for him to be in any weak state because he, again, control atoms.

Cutting him into pieces is useless. In Watchmen, he was dematerialized and simply reconstituted his atomic structure and reappeared minutes later. He even taunted Ozymandias that "it was the first trick he learned".

rocketpig said:
Gilgamesh said:
rocketpig said:
Gilgamesh said:

I don't think he's super-strong in his normal state but there'd be no reason for him to be in any weak state because he, again, control atoms.

Cutting him into pieces is useless. In Watchmen, he was dematerialized and simply reconstituted his atomic structure and reappeared minutes later. He even taunted Ozymandias that "it was the first trick he learned".

Also, he can make dozens of himself.  Which surprisngly didn't make him as popular in bed as you'd expect. (Or as he'd expect!)

I don't know though, I think he might be able to come back.  I think you'd be better off with some sort of existence destroying device that destorys everything that ever was and ever will be by destroying time itself.

Of course, if you did that you'd die too... so i guess that'd be more a draw then anything else.  And actually, thinking about it, considering he lives in all moments of time simalataniously I suppose that might mean he's already outside of time.

So really, you might end up killing eveyrone but him.

rocketpig said:
Gilgamesh said:
rocketpig said:
Gilgamesh said:

Also, he can make dozens of himself.  Which surprisngly didn't make him as popular in bed as you'd expect. (Or as he'd expect!)

I think you'd be better off with some sort of existence destroying device that destorys everything that ever was and ever will be by destroying time itself.

Of course, if you did that you'd die too... so i guess that'd be more a draw then anything else.  And actually, thinking about it, considering he lives in all moments of time simalataniously I suppose that might mean he's already outside of time.

So really, you might end up killing eveyrone but him.