By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Dark Knight Rises Again - NEWEST TRAILER is out!!

RVDondaPC said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Whats your job?

On set Production Assistant, but on this I specifically only dealt with stunts. Half the days I was running stunt rehearsals, the other half I was on set dealing with stunts. 

Thats really cool. Must have been pretty hard to keep yourself from getting spoiled, I would imagine you were involved in many of the action sequences.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

Here's what I think is going to happen. There's probably spoilers in this post, too.

Back in the 90's, there were a few huge Batman storylines that I think influenced this movie. Those storylines are
1. Knightfall
2. Legacy
3. No Man's Land

-Knightfall was the story of Batman getting his ass royally handed to him by Bane and what happens to Gotham when there is no Batman to protect it. Bottom line, it goes to shit. Bane took over ever facet of Gotham City, even having Catwoman do his bidding. A new Batman had to rise to take over the Batman persona. Unfortunately, even though this new Batman was able to take down Bane, he turned out to be the wrong person for the job and Bruce had to come back and take him down. I think DKR won't have enough time to develop Azrael/Batman so, if I had to guess, Bane will mentally break Batman and make Bruce Wayne endure the hell he had to go through before becoming Bane.

-Legacy was the follow up story to the Batman story "Contagion". In that story,we find out that Bane has replaced Bruce Wayne as Ra's Al Ghul's chosen one. I only mention this because I think that Ra's is going to return in this movie. I'll go as far as to say that I think that he's either the mastermind behind everything, or Bane's true purpose is to resurrect Ra's with a Lazarus pit of some sort.

-No Man's Land. In that story, after being plagued with disease, a HUGE earthquake, and something else I can't remember, the United States blows up Gotham's bridges and doesn't allow anybody into or out of the city. In that time, the people that stayed behind do everything they can to survive. Many of the police stay behind but they face almost impossible odds against the criminals of Gotham. Also, Batman was nowhere to be found. People thought he abandoned them. Bane showed up in this story to raise hell, too (working for Lex Luthor).

I think this story influences the movie because we see the bridges burning, people sleeping around camp fires, cops wandering the streets wearing blankets, and citizens wondering if Batman is going to come back.

I think this movie is going to have elements of those three storylines and a few new twists to make a pretty new and enjoyable story. I'm sure there will be some big surprises, too. I'm looking forward to seeing how Catwoman factors into all of this, who that young guy is (My bet is that he takes over as Batman for a while), and how Bane stacks up to other Batman villains. Really, he was created to take down Batman since there was no real reason for any of Batman's older foes to suddenly get lucky and get the job done. They needed someone new. Since then, he's been one of my favorite Bat-Villains. It's been a long time coming but I'm glad to see him done the right way outside of the comics and a few animated episodes.

At the time, fans hated to see Azrael "Batting" for Bruce Wayne because they thought he was going to be Batman permanently. If, through some miracle of directing and storytelling, they find a way to bring in Azrael/Batman and HE'S the real villain of this movie, I will piss my pants with joy and urine.

Best trailer EVA.
ya mad ,brah?

Joss Whedon ( director of Avengers ) : Why don't you just..kill me..?
Christopher Nolan : Your punishment must be more severe.

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
RVDondaPC said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Whats your job?

On set Production Assistant, but on this I specifically only dealt with stunts. Half the days I was running stunt rehearsals, the other half I was on set dealing with stunts. 

Thats really cool. Must have been pretty hard to keep yourself from getting spoiled, I would imagine you were involved in many of the action sequences.

Yeah it's a pretty awesome job. I love it. And it wasn't that hard to avoid spoilers because usually if there was dialogue and storyline there is no stunts involed so I just walk away from set and hang out with the stunt guys or go eat crafty. :P I have a pic of me on the batpod. Those things are pretty gnarly in real life.