By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PASBR vs SSBB, similarities and differences

Tagged games:

Looking for feedback, how is take 2 compared to take 1?

Perfecto! 5 11.36%

Much better. 15 34.09%

Okay I guess. 4 9.09%

Still needs improvement. 2 4.55%

Just as bad as it was. 17 38.64%

Total:43

I saw/heard that there is a difference in item use, in the explanation given by the Gametrailers guys they mention that in PASBR you can pick up items, but not throw them as in SSBB.

Around the Network

I'll add that to the OP for now then, a difference it is, and an important one at that. We'll remove it later if we have to.

I wouldnt put that there, thats something entirely to charatcers and varies greatyl depending the atack.

^So, certain characters can throw random items but others can't, or are you talking about character-produced items like link's bombs for example?

MessiaH said:
Let me tell you why people are complaining about this, people are complaining because of "Self-Entitled Bitch Syndrome". It is a (hopefully) terminal illness that afflicts at least 60% of gamers. If they dislike a certain brand, or love their brand too much, this virus manifests itself in their brains and eats away at the frontal lobe thus eliminating their reasoning ability. It is unfortunately a disease that society is not ready to talk about.

Why gamers have little to no emotional intelligence is beyond me. Why they throw a fuss over something so asinine is beyond me. Why they get so ridiculously defensive or offensive (depending on the situation) is beyond me. Like the video said, every genre in videogames was born from a SINGLE game. Yet that fact does not resonate with these tards. It's a game people, its coming out whether you like it or not, and it will probably sell decently well. Move on brother, there are far more important things in this world to grief about...

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
^So, certain characters can throw random items but others can't, or are you talking about character-produced items like link's bombs for example?

I was talking about the characters reach. It depends entirely the character in SC the pace of the game are rather different form tekken. For now i would say that both games have thee same pace, but cant really judge that until i get my hands on it.

Can you guys please stop spamming?

Deoz said:
happydolphin said:

I was talking about the characters reach. It depends entirely the character in SC the pace of the game are rather different form tekken. For now i would say that both games have thee same pace, but cant really judge that until i get my hands on it.

See, that's what happens when you don't have an avatar. I mistook you for flagstaad

Well, before I remove it I'd like to talk about it, see how it is in other games, for example scorpion in MK has his rope lance, Ivy has her evil whip. But in tekken do we have that kind of thing? I haven't played enough to know. I know Yoshimitsu has a sword, but I don't remember more than that.

happydolphin said:
Deoz said:
happydolphin said:

See, that's what happens when you don't have an avatar. I mistook you for flagstaad

Well, before I remove it I'd like to talk about it, see how it is in other games, for example scorpion in MK has his rope lance, Ivy has her evil whip. But in tekken do we have that kind of thing? I haven't played enough to know. I know Yoshimitsu has a sword, but I don't remember more than that.

That's something special about characters, we have a robot girl with misiles and an acient aztec god whose true forms breath fire across the screen in tekken series. Reach or startup time is something entirely depending on the attack and style of each character. Even normal attacks have different hitblocks even tough the attacks has virtually the same look. Like dan vs akuma shoryuken. It's something to be expected for a rich and diverse cast with different styles. There's no standard on them except maybe on jabs.

^Okay, you're gonna have to get more into it because I still don't see why they're so similar to me when I shouldn't. I must be slow on this one so bear with me.

Regarding differences, I found a new one! Since knockback depends on % in Smash, but not in PABR, that means that ennemies will not fly back farther the more you juggle them. That strongly affects the gameplay.