By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that God of War has fallen into the MultiPlayer darkside, What other good singleplayer games are left?

Tagged games:

pezus said:

He asked if he should be worried. Online pass is not a reason to worry for someone who prefers playing the single-player

You misread me, he asked if "Should I be worried or is this not a sign of things to come?", The answer is YES, if he likes only single player and all games are going to come with online modes, he should be worried because this is a sign of things to come (then I explained why all the games are adding some kind of online multiplayer component).

Why should he worry at the end?, because if the multiplayer is added to EVERY game, for everyone that gets it right there would be one that mess things up. And at the end almost 50% of his good 1 player only experience will be ruined because valuables resource where removed from the campaign to make room for the multiplayer, specially testing takes a lot of effort for a good multiplayer (balancing, bug finding and fixing, stress test for the servers, patch compatability, etc).

Should he worry about THIS GAME?, maybe NOT because de developer is a very good one, the resources are available and is one of the biggest Sony franchises so they cannot mess it up. But in general he should be worried about the thrend because a lot of franchises/games can fall very hard trying to grab too much for their team sizes.

There is already a rumor running in the developer community that a lot of publishers are not signing for new projects if they don't have a online component, because that will mean less money, more expensive DLC and a lot of used sales.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Nem said:

To be honest multiplayer modes on single player modes tend to be lackluster and take out from the sigle player quality.

Indeed im of the opinion that single player and online multiplayer should be separated. The content and quality of a game built from the ground up to deliver an engaging online envyronment cant be compared to the barebones, boring offer of single player games multiplayer mode. Without any doubt these modes are just an effort to get more microtransaction money from suckers.

Also, when i want a single player game why the hell am i paying for a crapy multiplayer one? Might aswell separate them and offer quality experiences on both.

I highly disagree with this. Games can definitely have a great single-player as well as multi-player. Naughty Dog did it, why don't you think SSM can do it? They are basically running the whole Sony games show.

Believe me, no multiplayer experience on single player console games is worth the trouble. Its not even comparable to full fledge onlineMMO's in content,scope and quality.

What you're getting on uncharted 3 is sub-par compared to the real thing (massive online persistant worlds).

the inclusion of gow multiplayer is just for sales, ofcourse santa monica are going to make it good, but the main principle behind it is not letting the player fight vs other gods, its about more sales that is what worries me. on the brighside the multiplayer looks good, so if games give good mp like me3 but dont fuck up the story like me3 il be happy.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

"What other good singleplayer games are left?"

The Legend of Zelda.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The Legend of Zelda.

I look forward to the FPS co-op version

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The Legend of Zelda.

I look forward to the FPS co-op version

Well, then you'll have to wait for quite some time...

...BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY A COMPETITIVE VERSION:

......which makes my first comment invalid :'(

Ajescent said:

God of War now has Multiplayer because that's so necessary. In my opinion, games that were originally SP  but later go on to include MP often end up losing the quality of the SP.

Example
Uncharted 3

Admittedly that's the only game that comes to mind right now because I always try to avoid Multiplayer games if I can help it.

Now that GoW is gone, I'm now worried that games built exclusively for the lone-player will be a thing of the past and all your future games will force you to play with some random on the other side of the world or whatever.

Should I be worried or is this not a sign of things to come?

mmm...Not sure if serious.

UC3 according to you may not be as good as UC2, but for a lot of people is way better. Just because you think something, it does not make it true/right/norm.

Also, I remember the time when most people said that about Uncharted 2, .....and if I remember correctly was 100X better than the previous installment according to 90% of the reviewers and most PS3 gamers.

So your comment is invalid.

PS: A game that I think could fit your thread more accurately is ME3.

Heavenly_King said:
Ajescent said:

God of War now has Multiplayer because that's so necessary. In my opinion, games that were originally SP  but later go on to include MP often end up losing the quality of the SP.

Example
Uncharted 3

Admittedly that's the only game that comes to mind right now because I always try to avoid Multiplayer games if I can help it.

Now that GoW is gone, I'm now worried that games built exclusively for the lone-player will be a thing of the past and all your future games will force you to play with some random on the other side of the world or whatever.

UC3 according to you may not be as good as UC2, but for a lot of people is way better. Just because you think something, it does not make it true/right/norm.

Also, I remember the time when most people said that about Uncharted 2, .....and if I remember correctly was 100X better than the previous installment according to 90% of the reviewers and most PS3 gamers.

There is something called "a personal opinion", I'm not sure if you've heard of it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Ajescent said:
Heavenly_King said:
Ajescent said:

Example
Uncharted 3

There is something called "a personal opinion", I'm not sure if you've heard of it.

lol, what I am saying is, that what is in BOLD in your text, it is like if you were saying "UC3 is BAD because of MP" and "now that GOW has MP it will be BAD." When most people like something and a minority does not (including you) it means by consensus that the "something" is good.   By having your opinion you express your uncertainty about what you are saying and yet in your post (even though the word opinion is in it) you are already implying those ideas as "true ideas" (And I have already proved you are wrong) making your conclusion that GOW is gone and that it will be a piece of crap that will never be great again.  Obviously those are not your words, but you get the idea.

Just because it is a "personal opinion" it does not mean that it could not be wrong. An opinion is based on judgement, and the latter is based on facts; and the facts you used to make your judgement are wrong, making your judgement and your opinion not correct according to the events you are referring; making your comment invalid.

Heavenly_King said:
Ajescent said:
Heavenly_King said:
Ajescent said:

Example
Uncharted 3

." When most people like something and a minority does not (including you) it means by consensus that the "something" is good.   By having your opinion you express your uncertainty about what you are saying and yet in your post (even though the word opinion is in it) you are already implying those ideas as "true ideas" (And I have already proved you are wrong) making your conclusion that GOW is gone and that it will be a piece of crap that will never be great again.  Obviously those are not your words, but you get the idea.

Just because it is a "personal opinion" it does not mean that it could not be wrong. An opinion is based on judgement, and the latter is based on facts; and the facts you used to make your judgement are wrong, making your judgement and your opinion not correct according to the events you are referring; making your comment invalid.

Extreme example: Racism was considered true and just a few hundred years ago, does that mean it was right? No There might have been a minority then who where against it and their opinions were disregarded simply because they were in the minority.

In this scenario: I maintain that in my opinion, the single player was lacking when compared to previous installments. I reserve and execute the right to say it sucks. Now the populous will disagree and they have the right to do so, does not mean I have to conform to them. It means I have the right to stand my ground as much as they do theirs.