By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that God of War has fallen into the MultiPlayer darkside, What other good singleplayer games are left?

Tagged games:

WiiBox3 said:
KeptoKnight said:
pezus said:
KeptoKnight said:
pezus said:
KeptoKnight said:
pezus said:
Nem said:

To be honest multiplayer modes on single player modes tend to be lackluster and take out from the sigle player quality.

Indeed im of the opinion that single player and online multiplayer should be separated. The content and quality of a game built from the ground up to deliver an engaging online envyronment cant be compared to the barebones, boring offer of single player games multiplayer mode. Without any doubt these modes are just an effort to get more microtransaction money from suckers.

Also, when i want a single player game why the hell am i paying for a crapy multiplayer one? Might aswell separate them and offer quality experiences on both.

I highly disagree with this. Games can definitely have a great single-player as well as multi-player. Naughty Dog did it, why don't you think SSM can do it? They are basically running the whole Sony games show.

Sowwy, that is matters of opinions. Some of us prefer for a developer to put their total efforts into single player. A lot of these multiplayer feel generic. Its not needed. But from a business perspective its $$$.

Except sometimes a great dev can make a better single player with multiplayer than other devs can do with only single player. I fully trust in SSM to deliver here.

It might for your expectations. But not for many of us. Some of us have a J psychoogcial trait which place great emphasis having things orderly and sytematically fursnished eg. story, sound, gameplay, control etc... 

I wonder how the ending of Mass Effect 3 would be like if they removed multiplayer from the gecko?

Why would the ending be any different. Bioware didn't need multiplayer to fuck up, just look at Dragon Age II

They releasing DLC this summer to clarify.

I'm pretty sure adding multiplayer had nothing to do with how ME3 ended. It's hard to tell why the game ended that way, but I have a feeling Bioward was trying to be the ultimate troll. By doing this they have created so much discussion for the game driving people to go play it to find out why people are upset. Though I may not agree with the ending I do enjoy all of the theories and discussion it has created.

I hear what your saying.  Why you think they releasing the dlc for this summer? Which makes it difficult. But I believe multiplayer shifts focus.

Around the Network
KeptoKnight said:
WiiBox3 said:
pezus said:
WiiBox3 said:
pezus said:
KeptoKnight said:

hmm..so in the future online pass wont effect single player either? I find that suspect. But ok.

He asked if he should be worried. Online pass is not a reason to worry for someone who prefers playing the single-player

I would have said the same thing, except in Batman Arkham City there was an online pass that you had to enter to download the Cat Woman part of the single player game. It may have been called something else but it had pretty much the same purpose.

Except it wasn't an online pass. It was a code to get DLC for the game. Sony does online passes, not DLC passes. I don't expect that to change with this game.

True, but it serves the same purpose of an online pass. If you buy the game used you miss out on this peice of content that you would have go if you bought the game new.

Yes Sony doesn't do DLC passes yet, but it may for single player only games in the future. It's hard for us to know. I didn't think Sony was going to do online passes either, but they do now.

Pretty much similar what I am trying to point out. Developers are  creepin into passes for single player.as well.

This sucks for rentals or if you live in a home without a high speed internet connection. I still have friends in cities where they can only get dial up internet at thier homes. According to a 2010 survey about 40% of homes in the US don't have highspeed internet. Just for this reason alone DLC passes in single player console games hurts a big peice of the user base in the US. Also this is the big reason why I think those rumors saying that the PS4 or Xbox720 will require constant internet connection for single player games has to be bull. That cuts out a lot of their customers in this country.

WiiBox3 said:
KeptoKnight said:
WiiBox3 said:
pezus said:
WiiBox3 said:
pezus said:
KeptoKnight said:

hmm..so in the future online pass wont effect single player either? I find that suspect. But ok.

He asked if he should be worried. Online pass is not a reason to worry for someone who prefers playing the single-player

I would have said the same thing, except in Batman Arkham City there was an online pass that you had to enter to download the Cat Woman part of the single player game. It may have been called something else but it had pretty much the same purpose.

Except it wasn't an online pass. It was a code to get DLC for the game. Sony does online passes, not DLC passes. I don't expect that to change with this game.

True, but it serves the same purpose of an online pass. If you buy the game used you miss out on this peice of content that you would have go if you bought the game new.

Yes Sony doesn't do DLC passes yet, but it may for single player only games in the future. It's hard for us to know. I didn't think Sony was going to do online passes either, but they do now.

Pretty much similar what I am trying to point out. Developers are  creepin into passes for single player.as well.

This sucks for rentals or if you live in a home without a high speed internet connection. I still have friends in cities where they can only get dial up internet at thier homes. According to a 2010 survey about 40% of homes in the US don't have highspeed internet. Just for this reason alone DLC passes in single player console games hurts a big peice of the user base in the US. Also this is the big reason why I think those rumors saying that the PS4 or Xbox720 will require constant internet connection for single player games has to be bull. That cuts out a lot of their customers in this country.

Can you supply a survey for the ones who do not have high speed  connection but buy games?

WiiBox3 said:

pezus said:

Anyone feel free to correct me, but I think Resistance 3 had a PSN Pass code, but that was specifically for the online multiplayer.

I ended up renting the game to decide whether I'd drop $60 on it and ended up finishing the single player campaign over the weekend so I never bought the game and never bothered with multiplayer. But the game in single player wasn't missing anything, passcode or no.

I can't think of any Sony games that locked out content offhand and I'm pretty sure there aren't any games that can't be played on more than one account (ie, unrentable), which seems to be where games in general may be heading for MS and SCE next gen. 

In the case of Arkham City, if I remember correctly, the Catwoman side missions were actually a download, as in not on the game disk. 

I´m really looking forward to play GOW: A multiplayer. I´m already foreseeing great gaming sessions with my buddys. Just hope Sony would provide stable servers for the game and the Devs include good and intuitive party creating tools. Has for the SP campaign I don´t see why it can´t be as good as earlier GOW instalments, because of the game including MP. In other GOW games we had the various challenges, know with the MP we would be able to enjoy the gaming mechanics besides going through a more immersive story. This was going to be great!

Around the Network
KeptoKnight said:
WiiBox3 said:
KeptoKnight said:
WiiBox3 said:
pezus said:
WiiBox3 said:
pezus said:
KeptoKnight said:

Can you supply a survey for the ones who do not have high speed  connection but buy games?

I wish I could. I would love to see that survey. But you would have to assume those people who don't have a fast net connection probably go for console games instead of PC. You really need an online connection to get a good selection of PC games. Plus more and more PC games are requiring you to be online to play single player games. (I'm looking at you Diablo 3 and New Sim CIty game)

TruckOSaurus said:
Who are these idiots asking for multiplayer in God of War? I honestly don't get it.

I always wanted it it. I didn't want to buy a $60 game, play it for ~10 hours, then put it back on my bookshelf.
Good thing for me that I bought God of War 3 for on $5 NEW.

Now that God of War Ascension will have multiplayer, I will definitely be buying it Day 1. No doubt. It already seems way different than the Call of Duty and Gears. I don't know of an other melee online multiplayer game.

Millenium said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Who are these idiots asking for multiplayer in God of War? I honestly don't get it.

Neither do I, it's one of those little gems that doesn't even make me think about wanting a MP mode when playing the game. Some games are "complete" without it.

Not saying the MP won't be fun or good, just that it wasn't a necesity.

Aren't you the one who said you hate Kratos?
So now you can play God of War as your own character. Lucky You!

VGKing said:
Millenium said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Neither do I, it's one of those little gems that doesn't even make me think about wanting a MP mode when playing the game. Some games are "complete" without it.

Not saying the MP won't be fun or good, just that it wasn't a necesity.

Aren't you the one who said you hate Kratos?
So now you can play God of War as your own character. Lucky You!

O.o I can honestly say I've never said that (unless I was drunk...) Kratos is tied with Ratchet as my favourite Sony first party character. Everything about him is badass! Playing as my own character would also be pretty awesome though.

Ajescent said:

God of War now has Multiplayer because that's so necessary. In my opinion, games that were originally SP  but later go on to include MP often end up losing the quality of the SP.

Example
Uncharted 3

Admittedly that's the only game that comes to mind right now because I always try to avoid Multiplayer games if I can help it.

Now that GoW is gone, I'm now worried that games built exclusively for the lone-player will be a thing of the past and all your future games will force you to play with some random on the other side of the world or whatever.

Should I be worried or is this not a sign of things to come?

No you should not be worried.