By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

NintendoPie said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

? and you are surprised? Plenty of PS fans have said the exact thing. However it's important to realize the game mechanics and other things are very different which leads to a different gaming experience altogether. But it definitely, looks like SSB, at least on the surface

We'll just wait and see how much (or how much they don't put) SSB elements they put into the game.

to be 100% honest

i was hoping this game would be a bit more like Smash bros than it already is

i wanted to see the % thing at the bottom and characters flying out of the screen and stuff like that

it's actually more different than what i was expecting but i cant wait to hear further details about this game in the future

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

O_o did you not read what I said? The core gameplay IS different. Hence the dynamics of the game will be much different as well compared to SSB. So there are already a lot of differences between the two franchises. That won't change with time even if you wait. And also the mash up stages, and online components also set this game apart.

similarities are mainly with the nature of the game (a brawler in a 2d plane with franchise characters) and pretty much skin deep in this case.

SSB has both the things you listed me.

Crash Bandicoot HAS to be in the game come on, Activision is not doing anything with him and Battle Royale needs more mascot type characters because Drake, Cloud, Cole, Helghast are human like.

NintendoPie said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

O_o did you not read what I said? The core gameplay IS different. Hence the dynamics of the game will be much different as well compared to SSB. So there are already a lot of differences between the two franchises. That won't change with time even if you wait. And also the mash up stages, and online components also set this game apart.

similarities are mainly with the nature of the game (a brawler in a 2d plane with franchise characters) and pretty much skin deep in this case.

SSB has both the things you listed me.

Having an online component is not what I meant..having a decent working online component is what I meant. So no

I'm curious about these mash up stages. Could you give me an example of one?

either way the main point stands..the fundamental thing about any game..the gameplay..is very different to it. You can dance around that face all day and all night and it won't change.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

Having an online component is not what I meant..having a decent working online component is what I meant. So no

either way the main point stands..the fundamental thing about any game..the gameplay..is very different to it. You can dance around that face all day and all night and it won't change.

SSB had an okay Online interface.

All of them? You've got different characters fighting in other characters worlds.

The heck does "danicng around that face" mean??

Around the Network

Okay seriously, now this is gone for awhile.
Sony fans: Even the website that played the game state the obvious inspiration of the game, it is pretty obvious, sugar coat it all you want.

Nintendo fans: Seriously so what if it is a clone of a beloved franchise, it is different at the same time because it is different cast, and while I might not personally care about Sony characters as much as the next guy, let sony fans have this brawler.

Rafux said:
Crash Bandicoot HAS to be in the game come on, Activision is not doing anything with him and Battle Royale needs more mascot type characters because Drake, Cloud, Cole, Helghast are human like.

Sony pays the money and royality fees, you might see him in the game. 

NintendoPie said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

SSB had an okay Online interface.

All of them? You've got different characters fighting in other characters worlds.

The heck does "danicng around that face" mean??

ssb online was crap, don't sugar coat it

you just love missing the point don't you? The stages 'themselves' are mash ups...I don't recall seeing this in SSB. For example R&C stage mashed up with GOW1 stage. LBP level with Buzz. Jak and Daxter stage mashed up with Hot shots golf. Patapons invading Hades's realm etc. Get it?

lol you don't know how to dance around the face? just kidding that was a typo on my part but I'm sure you are smart enough to know what I meant so I won't go into the details

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

BasilZero said:
The character roster announced is kinda small, hopefully it'll have at least 20 characters.

So far they have:

Parappa the Rapper
Radec
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess
Sly Cooper
Kratos

----------

Hoping from Sony:

Ratchet and Clank
Nathan Drake
Jak and Daxter
Sackboy
Ico

Hoping from Third Party:

Cloud Strife
Jill Valentine
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Etna or Prinny (Disgaea)
(A tales of Series character)
(A persona character)

New or old Dante?

M.U.G.E.N said:

ssb online was crap, don't sugar coat it

you just love missing the point don't you? The stages 'themselves' are mash ups...I don't recall seeing this in SSB. For example R&C stage mashed up with GOW1 stage. LBP level with Buzz. Jak and Daxter stage mashed up with Hot shots golf. Patapons invading Hades's realm etc. Get it?

lol you don't know how to dance around the face? just kidding that was a typo on my part but I'm sure you are smart enough to know what I meant so I won't go into the details

No, I'm not smart, smart people know how to "get the point."