By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

People are getting confused about the specials. They arent insta ko. You need to lower their health enough and then super them. Otherwise the super just does damage.
source: years of understanding video game systems

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
People are getting confused about the specials. They arent insta ko. You need to lower their health enough and then super them. Otherwise the super just does damage.

Yep and I think the level 3 super is insta ko tho right?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Doubt it.
Im sure they do dame in the range of 10, 20, 50% damage.
If you are under that level of health then the corresponding super will kill.

hmm interesting. I hope they release a beta sooner or later. Wanna get my hands on this

and I read some pages of the thread about this game and the hate and tear compilation on it. it gave me a headache lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CGI-Quality said:

Eh, I don't mind either way. I don't expect everyone to approve of the idea and quite honestly, my first reaction to the footage was: "wow, that looks just like Smash Brothers". 

Still, I am curious to see how Sony pulls this off, but from the moment I played on a PlayStation console, it's reminded me of playing on Nintnedo consoles. It was the original PlayStation that took me from being 100% Nintendo fan to being a liking them both more than other brands, but still favoring Sony.

Even you, a PS fan, thinks it looks exactly like SSB.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, I don't mind either way. I don't expect everyone to approve of the idea and quite honestly, my first reaction to the footage was: "wow, that looks just like Smash Brothers". 

Still, I am curious to see how Sony pulls this off, but from the moment I played on a PlayStation console, it's reminded me of playing on Nintnedo consoles. It was the original PlayStation that took me from being 100% Nintendo fan to being a liking them both more than other brands, but still favoring Sony.

Even you, a PS fan, thinks it looks exactly like SSB.

? and you are surprised? Plenty of PS fans have said the exact thing. However it's important to realize the game mechanics and other things are very different which leads to a different gaming experience altogether. But it definitely, looks like SSB, at least on the surface

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

@ninpie
And?
Who cares? That is what we wanted. Smash bros with our characters.

M.U.G.E.N said:

? and you are surprised? Plenty of PS fans have said the exact thing. However it's important to realize the game mechanics and other things are very different which leads to a different gaming experience altogether. But it definitely, looks like SSB, at least on the surface

We'll just wait and see how much (or how much they don't put) SSB elements they put into the game.

M.U.G.E.N said:
theprof00 said:

Yep and I think the level 3 super is insta ko tho right?

The only problem I see is if they aren't instant KO, then how will we know when to unleash them since there is no health indicator, at the moment.

NintendoPie said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

We'll just wait and see how much (or how much they don't put) SSB elements they put into the game.

O_o did you not read what I said? The core gameplay IS different. Hence the dynamics of the game will be much different as well compared to SSB. So there are already a lot of differences between the two franchises. That won't change with time even if you wait. And also the mash up stages, and online components also set this game apart.

similarities are mainly with the nature of the game (a brawler in a 2d plane with franchise characters) and pretty much skin deep in this case.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!