By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Witcher 2 - official sales results (X360)

I think they have done a misstake with not releasing it for the PS3 because this game sold better in europe then in NA, and the Playstation dominates the eruopean market.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
I think they have done a misstake with not releasing it for the PS3 because this game sold better in europe then in NA, and the Playstation dominates the eruopean market.

Now take into account how hard it would have been for them to port a PC game to PS3, which has different architecture whereas the port from PC to 360 is much more doable, and probably cost them less. Also the first console venture, no point taking risk investing more than needed.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

CDP stated that PS3 port would cost them around 1.7m$.

And yes, salaries are a huge factor here in Poland - average salary is around 33% of average salary in Germany. We earn 3 times less but pay the same for games :p

Just got it yesterday and it's amazing, I don't know why everyone is saying 250k is not good, it's amazing for their xbox debut considering it's a year old game and took no cost to develope

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

-Newcloud- said:
I hope for a PS3 release but unlikely, we all know how well year old ports sell. So this will be a year old port of a year old port if done

actually I think the ps3 fanbase has been pretty good to very late ports. Specifically Bioshock, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, and Mass Effect 2.  If the game is good, it will sell decently, even if released late.

And to those who think the game would have sold better on the PS3.

Elder Scrolls V, Mass Effect 3, fallout new vegas, dragon age, dragon age 2, etc. have all sold better on the 360 than the PS3 in Europe. The xbox audience is just more interested in wrpgs than the ps3 audience even in Europe.

Around the Network

Very good considering it was available on PC for a while

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

1 million copies is my goal but I am content with 750K too.

AndrewWK said:

Well I think that with console port their goal was to get more sales from US and for that X360 port is better choice than PS3. PC version caters Europe well outside of UK.

but you shouldn't forget that they need maybe all recources now for witcher 3 and the other games they are working on (i believe there was another game). if they let some people work on ps3 version for witcher 2, they can't work on witcher 3. as longer they need for withcer 3 as more expensive it will be. so maybe they would lose the money they make with witcher 2 for ps3 and even more with the lost time for witcher 3.

Bristow9091 said:
Yeah yeah this is good and all, but for gods sake release it on the PS3 already! :'(

Surely they can do it with all the money they'll make from 360 sales!

They would have to make it from scratch for the PS3 if it was going to play smooth and run without any issues. Porting the game from the XBox 360 to the PS3 wouldn't be a good idea. It would take awhile to do and probably cost more then $1 million. I doubt it will happen. If anything CD Projekt will make The Witcher 3 for PC, XBox 360 and PS3 all at the same time.