By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Witcher 2 - official sales results (X360)

Well here's hoping for a PS3 version. These guys certainly make good ports that's for sure.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
Barozi said:
NotStan said:
Barozi said:
UltimateUnknown said:
How much did this bad boy sell on PC to date?

Wonder if 360 sales will overtake it in a year's time.

nah doubt it.

FW was 400k
The whole 2011 was 1.1m (launched in May) incl. digital downloads (250k)

2012 is unknown

I wouldn't discount it yet, there is a slim chance it may take off. For example I was not expecting the numbers Skyrim managed to pull. Game still may surprise as it's a pretty solid WRPG.

I wasn't surprised about Skyrim's sales...
More surprised that Fallout 3 didn't destroy Oblivion in sales.

Its already had a better start than PC, I think it has a chance to overtake PC sales LT.

No PC WRPG sales would normally be able to touch 360 sales, this game should be no exception. At the very least, they are set for a good console launch for Witcher 3.

No it didn't. PC version sold 400k first week. Not to mention it's not like PC version suddenly stops selling. For reference The Witcher 1 sold 400k last year and it was launched 2007.

Only one million to port from PC?

Other developers need to take notice. That's CHEAP.

It's just that simple.

KillerMan said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Barozi said:
NotStan said:
Barozi said:
UltimateUnknown said:
How much did this bad boy sell on PC to date?

Wonder if 360 sales will overtake it in a year's time.

nah doubt it.

FW was 400k
The whole 2011 was 1.1m (launched in May) incl. digital downloads (250k)

2012 is unknown

I wouldn't discount it yet, there is a slim chance it may take off. For example I was not expecting the numbers Skyrim managed to pull. Game still may surprise as it's a pretty solid WRPG.

I wasn't surprised about Skyrim's sales...
More surprised that Fallout 3 didn't destroy Oblivion in sales.

Its already had a better start than PC, I think it has a chance to overtake PC sales LT.

No PC WRPG sales would normally be able to touch 360 sales, this game should be no exception. At the very least, they are set for a good console launch for Witcher 3.

No it didn't. PC version sold 400k first week. Not to mention it's not like PC version suddenly stops selling. For reference The Witcher 1 sold 400k last year and it was launched 2007.

Oops didn't realise it was 500k shipped, thought I read sold.

Well I still have high hopes for this game on consoles.

donsterydo2 said:
KillerMan said:

Cosidering that developemnt must have been pretty cheap nice extra profits for CD Projekt RED. Hopefully it makes it to the million with time.

Developement costs for X360 were only 1m$ :)

What does that actually count for? I would assume that it is only for the conversion, not the extra content, as that was also delivered to PC gamers for free

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Only one million to port from PC?

Other developers need to take notice. That's CHEAP.

The wages in Poland are not very high

Yep, even though programmers wages are higher than of most other professions, they are still around of 30% what people in the west get. And our prices of console games are no lower :/