By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

"Now I have most of the dlc and there's no trophies, I've (in my eyes) wasted money and find no enjoyment in the online at all."

No enjoyment in playing the game because there are no trophies?

Dafuq did I just read?

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
I don't understand what the big deal is with trophies. I could personally care less about trophies. I mean,what did you do before trophies and achievments? I buy games for the game and not some superfical trophy.

Gaming in the 2000: "Woot I unlocked a new character"

Gaming in 2015: "Woot I unlocked a short sentence telling me what I just did... as celebration I am going to buy a new character for only £1.99"

Trophies... I don't like those. Most of them are handed to you for dumb shit. "Thanks for starting the game." "Thanks for beating the first level." "Thanks for pushing the R2 Button!" I can't get behind this type of gameplay.

Thophies are for Thophonies.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

OP is getting a lot of hate but I can understand his point of view and I agree that lacking trophies subtracts from the replay value of a game.

Of course trophies add to the experience, and I dislike how people try to put them down, or blame the people who like them for all the problems in gaming. There is just no good argument against trophies - they are totally optional, they are extra challenges, and those who don't like or care can simply ignore them. Those who like trophy hunting, however, have all rights to complain about (lack of) a feature they like...

Uncharted 2 had the perfect DLC/trophy list. The Platinum was obtainable without a heavy multiplayer investment, while the DLC offered trophies for the online commited.  I see no reason why Naughty Dog shouldn't add trophies to Uncharted 3 DLC. It won't affect the Platinum, and will keep people playing more.

The way I see it, no one has the right to blame someone for hunting trophies. What is the difference of replaying a game in a frustratingly high difficulty in a game without trophies, or grinding some matches for a trophy online? In both situations said person is having the fun they way he/she chose to, and really no one can judge what is fun (for some people suffering through an insanely punishing game is fun, for others collecting impossible trophies is fun...). In the end we are all just playing - trying to have fun under rules imposed by the developers. If doing those tasks wasn't any fun, we'd all just watch movies.

Online trophies are a bane to gaming, good riddance. Also, I can not imagine playing video games for trophies instead of the quality of the gameplay.

Around the Network

*insert kleenex pic*

d21lewis said:

Shiver me timbers?

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

badgenome said:
d21lewis said:

Shiver me timbers?

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

It's so obvious, now.  I always did suck at those.

Do people really take trophies this seriously?

So you're judging the value and worth of a game based on it's trophies or lack thereof? Pathetic...

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain