By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo earnings net loss 43 Billion yen, 3DS still sold at loss (until approx August '12)

DirtyP2002 said:
where are the Nintendo-charts that prove the 360 is not undertracked?

Nintendo charts usually come a short while after. They should prove the 360 is "not" undertracked

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
cyberninja45 said:

Its shipped? I thought its sales, as in sold to retailers? (they used the word sales not shipped).

Ain't there a difference?

Its shipped. Its always shipped. To Nintendo (or Sony and MS), a unit shipped is always a unit sold.

Oh ok

I thought shipped is what the company shipped off the boat to their warehouses, and sales or 'sold to retailers' is what retailers order from the houses (the final number the company can keep track of)

Well they should have just used the word 'shipped'. Using sales for ship is dumb. Do like microsoft

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Carl2291 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
where are the Nintendo-charts that prove the 360 is not undertracked?

Nintendo charts usually come a short while after. They should prove the 360 is "not" undertracked

sure there are over 2M Xboxs on shelves and stores keep buying them because they look nice to decorate the store.

Notice the... "not"? Or the ""?

Carl2291 said:
Notice the... "not"? Or the ""?

My statement wasn't aimed at you. Just there are still people here telling me that it is perfectly fine for the Xbox 360 to have more units in stores in its 7th year at the slowest time of the year than the PS3 ever had. Nintendos numbers will prove them right...

Anyway, btt.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:
3DS Q4 Hardware:
Japan - 1.19m
Americas - 0.52m
Others - 0.38m

3DS Q4 Software:
Japan - 3.03m
Americas - 2.67m
Others - 2.25m

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37301700&postcount=142

Call of Duty: Mw3 1st Week (Xbox) - 6.5M. 

Laughs.

Apparently their software forecasts for the next year include "packaged software sold via digital distribution".

Interesting...

VGChartz

@argh_college

You'll be laughing alot at the end of this year and your head might explode. The 3DS is getting ready for its biggest SW year.

Soundwave said:
happydolphin said:
Also, keep an eye on Nintendo's stock today. I hope my sell was a good move!

Looks like that wasn't the greatest move, their stock is up 3% after the earnings report.

Thanks for pointing that out. It's 2% though, and it's in the japanese stock. I'm invested in the american ADR. The market is still not open, so I'm not sure what to do, and if my purchase will register before the day begins... (I'm still new at this)

happydolphin said:
Soundwave said:
happydolphin said:
Also, keep an eye on Nintendo's stock today. I hope my sell was a good move!

Looks like that wasn't the greatest move, their stock is up 3% after the earnings report.

Thanks for pointing that out. It's 2% though, and it's in the japanese stock. I'm invested in the american ADR. The market is still not open, so I'm not sure what to do, and if my purchase will register before the day begins... (I'm still new at this)

Their stock was up 3% BEFORE the earnings report.  They reported after the stock market closed, you will know first reaction tonight at 7pm est.