By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Santa Monica Hiring for New Shooter

New SCEA slogan should be "embrace.mediocrity" losing hope in them to the point of totally avoiding their games, it's no wonder GG wants to make an RPG and not more killzone, even they think there are enough shooters.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
And there working on that Move game Datura to? 3 games in the works...this is probably for the PS4.

Well Datura is being made by a small Polish demo studio called Plastic, I doubt SSM are devoting much time to that. No idea what this project could be though, unless SOny have decided SSM could do a Syphon Filter reboot. 

Carl2291 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

:P wasn't Resonance of Fate good? (I have no idea, I'm very selective about the RPG's I play..not the biggest fan of the genre)

and thank you! I'm extremely hyped for the game and it already has some beautiful art work. I'm a huge fan of VC so you probably can guess how much I love your avatar and Selvaria....it also hurts :( F*%&$ing SEGA not localizing. Still hoping for a kickstarter by someone

I never played the game, I heard some good things though. I'll be honest regarding my RPG, I just want a Final Fantasy VII Remake.

What game's it from? Sure does look interesting.

A VC localising kickstarter. Jesus. It'd be the first one for me. I'm still hoping for a HD collection. One day... Maybe...

by remake do you want a full on 3d world kind of approach in recent FF games or the same game just a bit of upped visuals?

and the game is Gravity Daze! :D I'm SO HYPED! It's gonna be glorious

and yea SEGA....sigh :( I'm starting to find them more annoying than bamco or/and capcom all because of this one game...

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
BHR3 said:
enditall727 said:
BHR3 said:
about time PS weakest area 1st and 3rd person shooters and my favorite genres, im hoping its a new franchise and not socom or mag

wait what? doesn't Sony have THE BEST 3rd person shooters this generation has to offer?

the only 3rd person shooters i can think of at the moment for PS3 and 360 are Uncharted and Gears Of War(i cant remember any great TPS's on Wii)

Gears Of War was better than the 1st Uncharted but Uncharted 2 was better than both Gears Of War 1 AND 2

i Havn't played Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 though but from what i've seen, Gears 3 doesn't look like it's better than Uncharted 2, let alone 3

but i will have to officially play them to find out

I'm not 100% sure of the other TPS's on the systems though so i might be wrong..

idk about ya'll but i never felt that uncharted was a tps, gears of war is superior to uncharted in the shooting gameplay area, as well as a few others like coop MP both online and off for the campaign something uncharted still lacks aswell as horde mode

FPS is also weak, yeah i know they have more quantity kz resistance but the storys dont have the epicness halo does and that can be all based on opinions one thing that cant is the features halo has compared to all sonys FPS even if you put them together they dont match halo's features, modes, stats ect.

I respectfully disagree. the Co Op on UC is absolutely awesome! and not sure what's wrong with the shooting mechanics either :S Uncharted MP offers things no current console (maybe even pc) shooters do not. Uncharted is every bit a TPS as it is an action/adventure game.

and halo SP is heavily over rated imo...it's not bad but it really is nothing great. Haven't played R3 but all I talk to have said it's one of the best sp campaigns of FPS this gen. I agree KZ needs work in the SP ..especially on the way things flow from one part to the other.

Btw BHR, what's your psn?

the shooting mechanics in both UCs coop adventure are good you have alot of enemies and they take more damage, your forced to use cover, you also have mini bosses, its the campaings that dont have anywhere near the amount of shooting the coop does. playing coop on hard and crushing requires some skill and offers a challenge just like the original DF did with its hordes of enemies in pretty much every map of the game, i would of enjoyed both uc2 and 3 campaigns if they had the amount of shooting thats in coop adventure

psn is the same name as its here

Play Me

bonkers555 said:
Millenium said:
Halo --> Killzone & Resistance 
Gears of War --> Uncharted

----------
Alright that seemed to be a must in this thread going on past posts, but now ot:

I could be interested in a FPS or TPS from Santa Monica, one of the best developers around and they'd probably do a pretty good job.

You should also add Mag and Socom to that list. And now they want another shooter for the ps3? I still wonder why Xbox 360 still consider the shooter box. Lol

Call of duty, Halo, Gears of War <--- all of those sell really well on 360 so yeah I would argue that many people go to the Xbox for shooters.

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:
fuck a shooter, i think Sony have only made like 1 or 2 RPGs this entire gen!! WE NEED MORE RPGs

Amen to that. In terms of JRPGs, I think the only one that sold really well this gen was FFXIII and even that isn't the best RPG I'm looking for.

God of Modern Warfare

Well thanks to the Call of Duty hype this gen everyone is trying to get a piece of the cake. Cant blame Sony or the developers for that choice. If anyone is outhere that should be critisized thant its the 0815 gamer today.

But it could be a third person shooter too and i think Santa MOnica Studios really has the potential to bring something unique and outstanding.

And if it is a ego shooter it should be something like Condemned 2 ( which in my opinion is the best ego shooter! of all time)

I'm hoping it's a third person shooter, we've seen hardly any exceptional TPSs lately as the FPS genre has really taken off this gen. I think a TPS series would fit in well with Sonys first party aswell, Uncharted isn't really a "true" TPS because as well as shooting, it has a large focus on platforming and more recently with UC3, melee combat.

What I don't want is a multiplayer focused shooter set in the present day, COD and Battlefield have that covered. A lengthy single-player, an original setting and a story to rival the best action movies would be more welcome. On second thoughts that does quite a bit like Uncharted, but if the gameplay focus is on shooting and the mechanics are as solid as something like Gears of War, it'll separate them nicely.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i hope not, neither game is welcome, but i hope they are making a TPS.

Why would neither game be welcome? I've heard a lot of people say they want to see a MAG 2 "that isn't ruined by Zipper".

i'm being some what sar..................hey!!!!! where in gods name have you beeen? i haven't seen you around. 

Well....you see....I have been....who's asking?

*vanishes*

EDIT:

In all seriousness I've been hammered with my site, school, some work, working on launching a production company with a couple friends and being a producer/co-director/starring in an upcoming Internet TV show.

wow!!!! lots f hard work. be sure to share your show with the site.

I will be sure to post something up at least on my profile page. I don't know how clear I would be to create a thread here to promote it.