By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Santa Monica Hiring for New Shooter

TheKoreanGuy said:
bonkers555 said:
Millenium said:
Halo --> Killzone & Resistance 
Gears of War --> Uncharted

----------
Alright that seemed to be a must in this thread going on past posts, but now ot:

I could be interested in a FPS or TPS from Santa Monica, one of the best developers around and they'd probably do a pretty good job.

You should also add Mag and Socom to that list. And now they want another shooter for the ps3? I still wonder why Xbox 360 still consider the shooter box. Lol

Call of duty, Halo, Gears of War <--- all of those sell really well on 360 so yeah I would argue that many people go to the Xbox for shooters.

Call of duty sells really well on the ps3 too. It's not Xbox fault for having better 1st party fps and tps exclusives and sell really well. Sony have release a LOT more shooters then the 360 and that's a fact.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i hope not, neither game is welcome, but i hope they are making a TPS.

Why would neither game be welcome? I've heard a lot of people say they want to see a MAG 2 "that isn't ruined by Zipper".

i'm being some what sar..................hey!!!!! where in gods name have you beeen? i haven't seen you around. 

Well....you see....I have been....who's asking?

*vanishes*

EDIT:

In all seriousness I've been hammered with my site, school, some work, working on launching a production company with a couple friends and being a producer/co-director/starring in an upcoming Internet TV show.

wow!!!! lots f hard work. be sure to share your show with the site.

I will be sure to post something up at least on my profile page. I don't know how clear I would be to create a thread here to promote it.

i'm sure you could make a thread aboout it. hey you've got my support. also: nobody wants Socom

bonkers555 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
bonkers555 said:
Millenium said:
Halo --> Killzone & Resistance 
Gears of War --> Uncharted

----------
Alright that seemed to be a must in this thread going on past posts, but now ot:

I could be interested in a FPS or TPS from Santa Monica, one of the best developers around and they'd probably do a pretty good job.

You should also add Mag and Socom to that list. And now they want another shooter for the ps3? I still wonder why Xbox 360 still consider the shooter box. Lol

Call of duty, Halo, Gears of War <--- all of those sell really well on 360 so yeah I would argue that many people go to the Xbox for shooters.

Call of duty sells really well on the ps3 too. It's not Xbox fault for having better 1st party fps and tps exclusives and sell really well. Sony have release a LOT more shooters then the 360 and that's a fact.

But that's exactly my point. The Xbox has better 1st party fps and tps exclusives and 3rd party shooters in the eyes of many shooter fans so it's considered the go-to console if you want to play shooters. The number of shooters on a console doesn't prove anything. That would be like me saying the Wii is only for kids since the vast majority of Wii games are exactly that: for kids.

Really the only to options are Shooter or RPG? a WRPG?
F**** it if those are the only two options then please a futuristic Third Person Shooter, this goddamn Dragon Orc Fairy bullshit is getting really annoying.

Why not an Action game like DMC Hack´n Slay with some shooting and maybe if it really has to be open World. But please no Freaking RPG

AndrewWK said:
F**** it if those are the only two options then please a futuristic Third Person Shooter, this goddamn Dragon Orc Fairy bullshit is getting really annoying.

Why not an Action game like DMC Hack´n Slay with some shooting and maybe if it really has to be open World. But please no Freaking RPG

Blame the success of Call of Duty.

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:
AndrewWK said:

Blame the success of Call of Duty.

I don´t blame anything I´am just sick of this WRPG genre recently. the only two RPG´s I really liked where the Witcher 2 because you have a real hero and not some freak without even a damn name. I have no issuses with shooters. I don´t count Mass Effect as a WRPG is something different (a gift from god )

you know I just remembered Mass Effect 0_o well that's a RPG with shooting..maybe that's the kind of thing SSM will go for..a hybrid

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I don't want a medieval RPG. I want a modern setting.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Why would neither game be welcome? I've heard a lot of people say they want to see a MAG 2 "that isn't ruined by Zipper".

i'm being some what sar..................hey!!!!! where in gods name have you beeen? i haven't seen you around. 

*vanishes*

EDIT:

In all seriousness I've been hammered with my site, school, some work, working on launching a production company with a couple friends and being a producer/co-director/starring in an upcoming Internet TV show.

I will be sure to post something up at least on my profile page. I don't know how clear I would be to create a thread here to promote it.

i'm sure you could make a thread aboout it. hey you've got my support. also: nobody wants Socom

I'm glad I've got your support and I wouldn't say that nobody wants Socom. If Socom can return to true form then I would think it would be great. A true PS3 Socom with a engaging single player campaign.

Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

*vanishes*

EDIT:

I'm glad I've got you're support and I wouldn't say that nobody wants Socom. If Socom can return to true form then I would think it would be great. A true PS3 Socom with a engaging single player campaign.

agreed and your welcome