By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Santa Monica Hiring for New Shooter

I just read this over at IGN and apparently Santa Monica Studios is not only working on a new God of War title, but are also developing a new 1st and/or 3rd Person Shooter.

What are you're thoughts? With Zipper being closed down, do you think Sony might have tasked Santa Monica Studios with Socom and/or MAG projects?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223426p1.html

Around the Network

awww yeah ..this is gonna be good

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

i hope not, neither game is welcome, but i hope they are making a TPS.

1st person shooter?

my goodness please be untrue -_-

getting tired of all these damn shooters

do something else instead of FPS's please..

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i hope not, neither game is welcome, but i hope they are making a TPS.

Why would neither game be welcome? I've heard a lot of people say they want to see a MAG 2 "that isn't ruined by Zipper".

Around the Network

They are very good with cinematic gaming, they should do something along those lines.

no more shooters please.... unless it's REALLY good lol

wait why are you guys hoping this is untrue? 0_o this is SSM people..we could finally have a Great Single Player experience (if it's a FPS) or another great SP capaign (if it's a TPS, along with Uncharted) and we have no idea what kind of a setting it's gonna be in either

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
wait why are you guys hoping this is untrue? 0_o this is SSM people..we could finally have a Great Single Player experience (if it's a FPS) or another great SP capaign (if it's a TPS, along with Uncharted) and we have no idea what kind of a setting it's gonna be in either

I would much rather see them making a mystical mysterious game lol

i want some adventure type shit lol

i want to see more games that were like Journey or something

anything but an FPS game

hopefully it will be a 3rd person shooter though

EDIT: i cant really explain why i dont want to see another FPS.

If something like The Last Of Us was an FPS game then i probably wouldn't care for it anymore..

idk why

enditall727 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I would much rather see them making a mystical mysterious game lol

i want some adventure type shit lol

i want to see more games that were like Journey or something

anything but an FPS game

hopefully it will be a 3rd person shooter though

well I think it will heavily depend on the setting and the approach they take. a FPS in a fantasy setting could be pretty awesome. I wonder if they will show a teaser or something this E3..I wouldn't be surprised if this for the PS4

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!