By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Results FY2012 Qtr3. 1.4m shipped (67.2m)

theprof00 said:
drkohler said:

Suppose?

1. XBox 250G 3 Games bundle: $169

2. XBox 4G Disney Kinect bundle: $229

3. XBox 250G Kinect Bundle: $249

4 XBox 250G 10 (Top-)Games bundle: $279

Holy shit, how are prices that low???

Masssive Overshipping/Overordering in the XMas season. There were tons of 160G PS3s and megatons of XBox360s/Kinects lying around, for weeks, in (the local) MediaMarkt shops. I suppose somehow they must have lost patience in the end, and the stocks were finally rushed out the door with very low/possibly close to zero store margin (PS3s went as low as $179, Kinects were $69).

Around the Network

How do people think MS "stuff the channel". MS only send what their customers (ie shops) want!

sully1311 said:
How do people think MS "stuff the channel". MS only send what their customers (ie shops) want!

Think of it this way, say a store over-ordered 800k and only sold 300k and all other stores sold out. All the other stores would still order their normal shipment...etc etc

@ drkholer

None of the major retailers had prices anywhere near that

theprof00 said:
sully1311 said:

Think of it this way, say a store over-ordered 800k and only sold 300k and all other stores sold out. All the other stores would still order their normal shipment...etc etc

Yes but that isn't Microsoft's fault is it? I hate it when people believe MS send a few extra hundred 360s to stores. It just doesn't happen.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
dallas said:

A 6% increase year over year is "solid revenue growth" wtf! That is some bs if I've ever heard it. If that rate continues for the entire years hat will mean only a six percent increase for the year, not 24%.  Msft is becoming stodgy and old, and kinda boring.  Hope the bots don't flame me for this post hahaha

your same statements again and again are becoming old and boring...  funny that someone who is saying the same again and again the last weeks is calling other people a bot.

Just keep in mind that msft Sony be the same powerhouse that it was this generation, that's all that I'm saying

sully1311 said:
theprof00 said:
sully1311 said:

Yes but that isn't Microsoft's fault is it? I hate it when people believe MS send a few extra hundred 360s to stores. It just doesn't happen.

I'm just as confused as you bro. I don't know who's fault it is or who did what. All I know is that we should wait until Nintendo releases their numbers because who nkows? Maybe we are undertracked in EU. I'm just assuming we don't and coming up with theories.

BenVTrigger said:
@ drkholer

None of the major retailers had prices anywhere near that

Which part of:

<Walks into local MediaMarkts>

did you not get?

@drkholer

No need to get all fired up I was just commenting none of the other major retailers had that sweet of pricing.

But ok

dallas said:
crissindahouse said:
dallas said:

A 6% increase year over year is "solid revenue growth" wtf! That is some bs if I've ever heard it. If that rate continues for the entire years hat will mean only a six percent increase for the year, not 24%.  Msft is becoming stodgy and old, and kinda boring.  Hope the bots don't flame me for this post hahaha

your same statements again and again are becoming old and boring...  funny that someone who is saying the same again and again the last weeks is calling other people a bot.

Just keep in mind that msft Sony be the same powerhouse that it was this generation, that's all that I'm saying

sure, and it is becoming boring to read the same from one user like 20 times, if in a google thread, nokia thread or microsoft thread. that's all i was saying.

btw to the guy saying he believes the star wars xbox should have huge shipment numbers, i believe his name was cookingmama or so, i think this as well. not as much as you think but with all that advertismemet in tv and so on i would say more than a cod bundle even when cod is a huge brand. kinect star wars bundle is aiming a lot to new users, a cod bundle, who cares about that? almost only people who have a 360 already...

there was advertisement everywhere in germany and i didn't see much advertisement for 360 the last years here.