By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Results FY2012 Qtr3. 1.4m shipped (67.2m)

selnor said:
Millenium said:
selnor said:
@ Jega

VGC may have undertracked 360 by 1.6mill.

But there is no way VGC would overtrack Wii by 30mill.

Just wouldn't happen. VGC would ave to be guessing and guessing badly for that to happen.

If the 360 is undertracked it will be no more than 600-800K I think buddy.

Frontpage sits as 65.6mill, but should be 67 mill no? Or am I missing something entirely. :0

Gets ready to duck.

Shipped is 67.20 as of March 31, 2012 (I think) obviously 200K is too little to be on shelves at this moment, so the number will be a bit lower than that, but it's not a unreasonable thought that there's 66.3M sold (As of 14th April) leaving 900K on shelves. (Not taking into account anything they might have shipped since then). I'm not saying this is fact anyone, JUST a possibility

I'm not the most educated person on this matter, but I think I got it about right.

Edit: Seece says at least 1M on shelves, so go with that, he follows the numbers better than me.

Around the Network

lol. I always do that with shipped. :)

I didn't see any more official sales links from nintendo

Microsoft and Sony post their hardware sales results every quarter.

so I ask the one million dollar question to the vgchartz community.

Why does Nintendo not report their hardware sales that often?

Are they perhaps trying to hide something?

I know the wii is by far the best selling console this generation but I just wonder by how much that is all.

Even if it doesn't really matter.

Jega said:

I know the wii is by far the best selling console this generation but I just wonder by how much that is all.

Nintendo post their hardware sales every quarte... just like Sony and Microsoft.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1112.pdf

* units in ten thousands

So 9,497 = 94,97 million

Anyway Nintendo show more data (by region) than Microsot or Sony... they are more tranparent.

Jega said:

For goodness sakes, people have given you the links you're just refusing to look at them, Nintendo do report every quater. At this point the more you ignore it the more people think you're taking the piss.

Around the Network

he should be banned for trolling, really... NOBODY ON THE WHOLE PLANET can get official nintendo links from different members and post exactly after them that he can't find numbers and that nintendo doesn't give us numbers. it's simply not possible.

@ seece

Nintendo does report every quarter, but they don't say their wii numbers every quarter like Microsoft and Sony.

anyway it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

Jega said:

@ seece

Nintendo does report every quarter, but they don't say their wii numbers every quarter like Microsoft and Sony.

They say the wii numbers every quarter... and more than Sony and Microsoft they split the numbers between regions... and more they show 360, PS3 and PSP sales too.

Nintendo releses everything... Microsoft and Sony don't.

It's too hard to undertand.