By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mirror's Edge 2 is Xbox 720 game, uses Kinect 2.0 - rumour

OXMUK

Charge your saltshakers, gentlemen, for we have incoming. EA is developing a sequel to cult hit Mirror's Edge for the next generation Xbox, according to alleged industry insiders. Due to reveal at E3 2013, the game will also, reportedly, allow you to control returning heroine Faith with Kinect gestures.

For those unfamiliar with Mirror's Edge, this is basically tantamount to claiming that the next generation Xbox will feature an extending motorised prong, specifically designed to give people hernias. Mirror's Edge is an activegame. If you're not in the habit of leaping off cranes, click away before the merest thought rips your groin in half.

The rumour comes care of Dual Pixels, which also claims the next generation Xbox will feature a controller with a detachable touchscreen. We're a bit suspicious about all this, frankly, but Mirror's Edge Kinect is demonstrably possible. Watch the video.

Both EA and developer DICE have made a habit of dancing around the subject of Mirror's Edge 2, insisting that the franchise hasn't died a death, but unwilling to discuss how it will continue. "We haven't killed Mirror's Edge, we're actively looking at how to bring it back in the right way," EA Games Label boss Frank Gibeau commented last June.

"We love that franchise, the DICE guys really created something special the first time round and you've got to have a big idea to be able to do the next one and that's what we're working on."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/40751/mirrors-edge-2-is-xbox-720-game-uses-kinect-20-rumour/

Around the Network

Durango? Yes please.

Mirrors Edge 2? Yes please.

As long as the Kinect 2.0 is NOT REQUIRED for this game, I will most likely be buying this, the original was a under appreciated gem, if it's indeed true, it would be even better if this was a Durango launch title.

God please stop with the Kinect Stuff...Isn't Kinect Star Wars and other stuff not evidence enough there isn't a real Hardcore Game like Uncharted 3,Gears 3 etc possible with this piece of cheap plastic?

Otherwise - Next Gen release game would be nice.
But would get it probably for PS4 or PC....EA and DICE love Sony more and Frostbyte 2 is working on PC for 100%...No risk with those versions.

Ugh.... Mirror's Edge, I wanted to like you sooo much. Didn't work out though....maybe my most hated game this gen.

bertlsenix said:
God please stop with the Kinect Stuff...Isn't Kinect Star Wars and other stuff not evidence enough there isn't a real Hardcore Game like Uncharted 3,Gears 3 etc possible with this piece of cheap plastic?

Otherwise - Next Gen release game would be nice.
But would get it probably for PS4 or PC....EA and DICE love Sony more and Frostbyte 2 is working on PC for 100%...No risk with those versions.

"PIECE OF CHEAP PLASTIC"

I wonder if Sony showed of the Kinect instead of Microsoft if you would have the same tune.

If I was a moderater I would have given you a warning.

I hope somebody does.

I am guilty of doing things like that in the past, but I know this site doesn't tolerate this kind of behavior or does it depending on who says it or for which company it's directed.

but maybe you yourself are a moderator

I am wondering are moderaters allowed to break the rules

anyway I have said what I have to say.

Microsoft have given us gamers enough for us to at least give them a chance and stop the hate.

Microsoft is here to stay like it or not and I like it.

Around the Network

my god, that video just proves to me ... kinect could actually be a damn good product for gaming if MS would just get their heads out of their asses and support a small controller peripheral like move's nav controller to supplement kinect's weaknesses.

and just in case some sony fans have something to say about what microsoft have given us let me refresh you memory

there is nothing wrong with like sony and the playstation playstation had some memorable games that was at the time exclusive to playstation that a lot of gamers remember and enjoyed and hence there loyal devotion to sony and playstation I understand I myself am a sega fan and still is.

There is nothing wrong with having loyal devotion for a company

but when you go off and start trash talking a company you are going too far

you can state your dislike for a product or company but it's how you go about doing it.

I had to learn that like I said I am guilty of trash talking in the past

but I have matured I guess some of you guys have not matured.

so what have microsoft done since they came into the game.

I might miss some.

1 - first console to have a harddrive and ethernet port built into the console

2 - first company to offer a unified (worldwide) online gaming service, example if I am in the us and you are in the uk I can play with you.

3 - First company to put first-person shooter games on console on the map via HALO.

4 - First company to have wireless controllers and a gaming headset out of the box via Xbox 360 premium system.

5 - First company to offer High Definition Gaming.

6 - First company to offer a gaming identity via (gamertags) on console.

7 - First company to offer achievements in videogames.

8 - First company to offer downloadable content ex: games and game demo's videos and movies on console.

9 - First company to offer video chat and text messaging on console.

10 - First company to offer media streaming from PC to console.

11 - The only to company to offer more PC ports than any other console.

12 - The first company to bring offer all your favorite classic games on console via Xbox Live Arcade.

13 - The first company to offer dlc for games such as extra characters weapons and maps for console.

14 - First company to bring real-time game recording in a game via Halo 3.

15 - Finally first company to offer Full body gaming via Kinect.

Now there is probably some I may have missed.

But no real gamer can tell me with a straight face that none of this matters they maybe able to say it over the internet

just to be spiteful or sarcastic but can never tell me that to me face to face.

and here is a word of thought how much did SONY do for gaming with playstation.

All I can see is sony is the:

1 - First company to offer Movie playback out of the box via DVD and Bluray

2 - The first company to have dual analog sticks on a gaming controller (somebody correct me if I am wrong)

(please tell me anymore that I have missed)

and then you have to say how much did DVD and bluray (movie playback do for games)

all I can think of is in game cut scenes.

and last time I checked final fantasy 13 runs just fine on DVD.

Now tell me Sony the company some of you place above Microsoft have done more than Microsoft

In my eyes sony has done little for gaming versus microsoft and nintendo and almost all the features you see in the

Playstation 3 is a direct result of sony copying the ideas of Microsoft and Nintendo.

Nothing is wrong with copying ideas but you sony fans need to just admit the truth because it is clear.

Love your playstation but dont trash talk other gaming consoles.

Enjoy your trophies.

As much as I want a Mirror's Edge 2, making it Kinect only would piss me off to no end!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
As much as I want a Mirror's Edge 2, making it Kinect only would piss me off to no end!

Wow so you would pissed of at a game that probably doesn't exist and the you have not played (if it were Kinect only).

That comment to me screams of a sony fanboy who (probably) wishes Sony introduced Kinect instead of Microsoft.

Have you even tried Kinect.

I HAVE

and I not only enjoyed it but can see the great potential it has if games are made for it in the (right way).

and the thought of a game like mirrors edge with full body controls being able to detect down to the movement of my fingers sounds like it

(could) be awesome.

Stop hating on Microsoft, Xbox and Kinect.

Seriously.

Nsanity said:

OXMUK

Charge your saltshakers, gentlemen, for we have incoming. EA is developing a sequel to cult hit Mirror's Edge for the next generation Xbox, according to alleged industry insiders. Due to reveal at E3 2013, the game will also, reportedly, allow you to control returning heroine Faith with Kinect gestures.

For those unfamiliar with Mirror's Edge, this is basically tantamount to claiming that the next generation Xbox will feature an extending motorised prong, specifically designed to give people hernias. Mirror's Edge is an activegame. If you're not in the habit of leaping off cranes, click away before the merest thought rips your groin in half.

The rumour comes care of Dual Pixels, which also claims the next generation Xbox will feature a controller with a detachable touchscreen. We're a bit suspicious about all this, frankly, but Mirror's Edge Kinect is demonstrably possible. Watch the video.

Both EA and developer DICE have made a habit of dancing around the subject of Mirror's Edge 2, insisting that the franchise hasn't died a death, but unwilling to discuss how it will continue. "We haven't killed Mirror's Edge, we're actively looking at how to bring it back in the right way," EA Games Label boss Frank Gibeau commented last June.

"We love that franchise, the DICE guys really created something special the first time round and you've got to have a big idea to be able to do the next one and that's what we're working on."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/40751/mirrors-edge-2-is-xbox-720-game-uses-kinect-20-rumour/

Thanks for posting this, sounds like it could be awesome.