By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mirror's Edge 2 is Xbox 720 game, uses Kinect 2.0 - rumour

Sounds like a fishy rumour - but I would for sure like to see Mirror's Edge 2, well assuming they focus less on shooting and more on melee/free running and work out a better plot. Not interested in it with Kinect though unless totally optional.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Jega said:

and just in case some sony fans have something to say about what microsoft have given us let me refresh you memory

there is nothing wrong with like sony and the playstation playstation had some memorable games that was at the time exclusive to playstation that a lot of gamers remember and enjoyed and hence there loyal devotion to sony and playstation I understand I myself am a sega fan and still is.

There is nothing wrong with having loyal devotion for a company

but when you go off and start trash talking a company you are going too far

you can state your dislike for a product or company but it's how you go about doing it.

I had to learn that like I said I am guilty of trash talking in the past

but I have matured I guess some of you guys have not matured.

so what have microsoft done since they came into the game.

I might miss some.

1 - first console to have a harddrive and ethernet port built into the console

2 - first company to offer a unified (worldwide) online gaming service, example if I am in the us and you are in the uk I can play with you.

3 - First company to put first-person shooter games on console on the map via HALO.

4 - First company to have wireless controllers and a gaming headset out of the box via Xbox 360 premium system.

5 - First company to offer High Definition Gaming.

6 - First company to offer a gaming identity via (gamertags) on console.

7 - First company to offer achievements in videogames.

8 - First company to offer downloadable content ex: games and game demo's videos and movies on console.

9 - First company to offer video chat and text messaging on console.

10 - First company to offer media streaming from PC to console.

11 - The only to company to offer more PC ports than any other console.

12 - The first company to bring offer all your favorite classic games on console via Xbox Live Arcade.

13 - The first company to offer dlc for games such as extra characters weapons and maps for console.

14 - First company to bring real-time game recording in a game via Halo 3.

15 - Finally first company to offer Full body gaming via Kinect.

Now there is probably some I may have missed.

But no real gamer can tell me with a straight face that none of this matters they maybe able to say it over the internet

just to be spiteful or sarcastic but can never tell me that to me face to face.

and here is a word of thought how much did SONY do for gaming with playstation.

All I can see is sony is the:

1 - First company to offer Movie playback out of the box via DVD and Bluray

2 - The first company to have dual analog sticks on a gaming controller (somebody correct me if I am wrong)

(please tell me anymore that I have missed)

and then you have to say how much did DVD and bluray (movie playback do for games)

all I can think of is in game cut scenes.

and last time I checked final fantasy 13 runs just fine on DVD.

Now tell me Sony the company some of you place above Microsoft have done more than Microsoft

In my eyes sony has done little for gaming versus microsoft and nintendo and almost all the features you see in the

Playstation 3 is a direct result of sony copying the ideas of Microsoft and Nintendo.

Nothing is wrong with copying ideas but you sony fans need to just admit the truth because it is clear.

Love your playstation but dont trash talk other gaming consoles.

Enjoy your trophies.

LOL you are hilarious

Nice animation.

kitler53 said:
enditall727 said:
kitler53 said:
my god, that video just proves to me ... kinect could actually be a damn good product for gaming if MS would just get their heads out of their asses and support a small controller peripheral like move's nav controller to supplement kinect's weaknesses.

it would basically be the PS Move and PS Eye combination if they did that

it wouldn't really be gaming without a controller if they did that but it would be better for this game

..except that the motion tracking would be .. acurate.  that makes a huge difference.

lol the PS Move and PS Eye combination are accurate enough. Its not like games are unplayable or anything

but yea, at this point in time, the Kinect with a motion controller would in fact be more accurate than the Move and PS Eye combination though

TruckOSaurus said:
Jega said:
TruckOSaurus said:
As much as I want a Mirror's Edge 2, making it Kinect only would piss me off to no end!

Wow so you are pissed of at a game that probably doesn't exist and the you have not played.

That comment to me screams sony fanboy who (probably) wishes Sony introduced Kinect instead of Microsoft.

Have you even tried Kinect.

I HAVE

and the thought of a game like mirrors edge with full body controlles being able to detect down to the movement of my fingers sounds like it

(could) be awesome.

Stop hating on Microsoft, Xbox and Kinect.

Seriously.

That is priceless. Your accusations are misinformed and baseless.

1. I bought my Xbox 360 mainly for Kinect and Dance Central
2. I love Mirror's Edge, it's a deep complicated game that requires thought if you want to acheive a good time. Even with a controller, the control scheme can really be confusing sometimes, especially when you're trying to run up a wall, kick away, turn in air and grab the ledge behind you. This kind of stuff would be incredibly hard for Kinect to recognize properly, not to mention really hard to pull off for the player.
3. Mirror's Edge is a first person platformer making it Kinect only would transform it into an exercice game.
4. I don't mind a Kinect implantation but there HAS TO be a controller alternative for me to be interested.

"I don't mind a Kinect implantation but there HAS TO be a controller alternative for me to be interested."

Ok I get you and apologize for calling you a sony fanboy. LOL

but I still think a kinect only mirrors edge 2 can be good if done right

but I can see where you would want a physical control

sorry that I judged you wrongly but all the hate against xbox that I have seen on this sitehave made me a bit too jumpy.

i wouldn't be surprised if this is true to be honest

and the first person style of the game seems to fit with kinect imo, they can map your hands to the protagonist's hands and have you perform actions through gestures

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
kitler53 said:
enditall727 said:
kitler53 said:
my god, that video just proves to me ... kinect could actually be a damn good product for gaming if MS would just get their heads out of their asses and support a small controller peripheral like move's nav controller to supplement kinect's weaknesses.

it wouldn't really be gaming without a controller if they did that but it would be better for this game

..except that the motion tracking would be .. acurate.  that makes a huge difference.

lol the PS Move and PS Eye combination are accurate enough. Its not like games are unplayable or anything

but yea, at this point in time, the Kinect with a motion controller would in fact be more accurate than the Move and PS Eye combination though

No, there's no way Kinect is anywhere near as accurate as PS Move or Wii Motion Plus. Those things are pretty much 1:1, at least in all practical purposes. The kinect as you can see from that video and pretty much every other game out there has almost half a second lag between you performing a move and it being registered. This is huge when compared to no latency that a controller provides and can make or break in a hardcore game. I'm fairly sure the Kinect's inability to detect accurately without latency is what caused a game like Star Wars Kinect to fail which required precise input of moves.

That said I'm very much looking forward to Kinect 2.0. I think with that MS have probably upgraded things to get rid of any (noticable) latency and even have finger tracking with multiple people on screen. Mirror's edge 2 can be an actual playable possibility without the aforementioned problems with Kinect 2.0, but not with the Kinect as it is right now.

enditall727 said:
Jega said:
enditall727 said:
Jega said:

and just in case some sony fans have something to say about what microsoft have given us let me refresh you memory

there is nothing wrong with liking sony and the playstation, playstation had some memorable games that was at the time exclusive to playstation that a lot of gamers remember and enjoyed and hence there loyal devotion to sony and playstation I understand I myself am a sega fan and still is.

There is nothing wrong with having loyal devotion for a company

but when you go off and start trash talking a company you are going too far

you can state your dislike for a product or company but it's how you go about doing it.

I had to learn that like I said I am guilty of trash talking in the past

but I have matured I guess some of you guys have not matured.

so what have microsoft done since they came into the game.

I might miss some.

1 - first console to have a harddrive and ethernet port built into the console

2 - first company to offer a unified (worldwide) online gaming service, example if I am in the us and you are in the uk I can play with you.

3 - First company to put first-person shooter games on console on the map via HALO.

4 - First company to have wireless controllers and a gaming headset out of the box via Xbox 360 premium system.

5 - First company to offer High Definition Gaming.

6 - First company to offer a gaming identity via (gamertags) on console.

7 - First company to offer achievements in videogames.

8 - First company to offer downloadable content ex: games and game demo's videos and movies on console.

9 - First company to offer video chat and text messaging on console.

10 - First company to offer media streaming from PC to console.

11 - The only to company to offer more PC ports than any other console.

12 - The first company to bring offer all your favorite classic games on console via Xbox Live Arcade.

13 - The first company to offer dlc for games such as extra characters weapons and maps for console.

14 - First company to bring real-time game recording in a game via Halo 3.

15 - Finally first company to offer Full body gaming via Kinect.

Now there is probably some I may have missed.

But no real gamer can tell me with a straight face that none of this matters they maybe able to say it over the internet

just to be spiteful or sarcastic but can never tell me that to me face to face.

and here is a word of thought how much did SONY do for gaming with playstation.

All I can see is sony is the:

1 - First company to offer Movie playback out of the box via DVD and Bluray

2 - The first company to have dual analog sticks on a gaming controller (somebody correct me if I am wrong)

(please tell me anymore that I have missed)

and then you have to say how much did DVD and bluray (movie playback do for games)

all I can think of is in game cut scenes.

and last time I checked final fantasy 13 runs just fine on DVD.

Now tell me Sony the company some of you place above Microsoft have done more than Microsoft

In my eyes sony has done little for gaming versus microsoft and nintendo and almost all the features you see in the

Playstation 3 is a direct result of sony copying the ideas of Microsoft and Nintendo.

Nothing is wrong with copying ideas but you sony fans need to just admit the truth because it is clear.

Love your playstation but dont trash talk other gaming consoles.

Enjoy your trophies.

LMFAO @ this guy

..you are O.D defensive

calm down..

Yea you are right. This is just all the built up anger at all the HATE that has been thrown against microsoft and xbox 360 on (VGCHARTZ) since

about 2004 when Xbox 360 was rumored to come out.

Microsoft went out and did a damn fine job of creating a console for us gamers to enjoy (whatever microsofts reason is for getting in the game

industry greed, money, monopolize the games industry) it does not matter, I am sure Sony is not in the games industry because they want to

bring joy and happiness to gamers everywhere and neither is nintendo or any company. (Hello they are all in it for money) and I am also sure

that if both Sony and Nintendo got the chance to monopolize the gaming industry they would.

Microsoft went out and did a damn fine job of creating a console for us gamers to enjoy

and all the sony fanboys did was just hate hate hate

It's not microsofts fault the xbox 360 is ahead of the playstation 3 go tell your beloved company to not launch a console for $600.

It's really disgusting to me

A company goes out and works hard, the Xbox 360 didn't just appear out of thin air.

It took years of planning and work by 100s of employees in and out of microsoft along with the right timing and strategy to make the Xbox 360

the unquestionable (success) that it is today.

There is no question that the playstation 3 is a great platform, the exclusives on the playstation 3 have not convinced me I neet to get

a playstation 3, but the playstation 3 is a sweet piece of technology.

LOL another hilarious animation.

superchunk said:
Jega said:
bertlsenix said:
God please stop with the Kinect Stuff...Isn't Kinect Star Wars and other stuff not evidence enough there isn't a real Hardcore Game like Uncharted 3,Gears 3 etc possible with this piece of cheap plastic?

Otherwise - Next Gen release game would be nice.
But would get it probably for PS4 or PC....EA and DICE love Sony more and Frostbyte 2 is working on PC for 100%...No risk with those versions.

"PIECE OF CHEAP PLASTIC"

I wonder if Sony showed of the Kinect instead of Microsoft if you would have the same tune.

If I was a moderater I would have given you a warning.

I hope somebody does.

I am guilty of doing things like that in the past, but I know this site doesn't tolerate this kind of behavior or does it depending on who says it or for which company it's directed.

but maybe you yourself are a moderator

I am wondering are moderaters allowed to break the rules

anyway I have said what I have to say.

Microsoft have given us gamers enough for us to at least give them a chance and stop the hate.

Microsoft is here to stay like it or not and I like it.

There is nothing wrong with what he said. Its posts like yours that are annoying. Too much personal defense for an opinion on a device. I also have routinely stated my dislike of Kinect and its many flaws. I was even banned for 3 days due to some whiners tattling that I somehow offended them because I was talking negatively (factual negative remarks mind you) regarding to the videos (especially kinect star wars) of last year's E3 presentation. I guess I said it sucked one too many times.

Facts are Kinect is not suitable for most game genres and when its being forced to fit those games it simply sucks. Its good for some types of games, dancing, basic interaction, communal apps, etc.... but when it comes to gaming with the most popular types of 'core' games... well it just doesn't cut it.

In the end, people really need to realize a negative remark on a product is not an attack on you. No reason to get all bent out of shape.

I never thought is was an attack on me but more towards microsoft xbox 360 and Kinect.

and you are right some games do suck on kinect but then you have some that are good.

I still believe Kinect can be good for shooters and other genres but it is still a young platform

After playing the kinect myself I was impressed and I believe Kinect can be a great platform for almost every genre out there

I could be wrong, but I believe from the information I have been hearing from all over the net and microsoft

the games we are looking for will take time so I think people should give kinect time and I hope there really is a Kinect 2.0 for the next xbox

because I really want to see what this technology can really do.

UltimateUnknown said:
enditall727 said:
kitler53 said:
enditall727 said:
kitler53 said:

No, there's no way Kinect is anywhere near as accurate as PS Move or Wii Motion Plus. Those things are pretty much 1:1, at least in all practical purposes. The kinect as you can see from that video and pretty much every other game out there has almost half a second lag between you performing a move and it being registered. This is huge when compared to no latency that a controller provides and can make or break in a hardcore game. I'm fairly sure the Kinect's inability to detect accurately without latency is what caused a game like Star Wars Kinect to fail which required precise input of moves.

That said I'm very much looking forward to Kinect 2.0. I think with that MS have probably upgraded things to get rid of any (noticable) latency and even have finger tracking with multiple people on screen. Mirror's edge 2 can be an actual playable possibility without the aforementioned problems with Kinect 2.0, but not with the Kinect as it is right now.

no, i'm saying if the Kinect had a controller that was just like the PS Move then the whole experience would be a bit more accurate because Kinect is more powerful than the PS Eye at this point(because its a newer product)

i guess the Kinect would be able to track everything a bit better since its newer

but if they did it, it would only go back on what MS said about Kinect being the future, games being played without a controller, "YOU are the controller" and yada yada yada lol

EDIT: I guess it really wouldn't matter at all since this would revolve around next gen tech because Sony will have an upgraded, higher powered PS Eye next gen. I guess a Kinect and motion controller combination wouldnt be more accurate when you really think about it

Jega said:
superchunk said:
Jega said:
bertlsenix said:
God please stop with the Kinect Stuff...Isn't Kinect Star Wars and other stuff not evidence enough there isn't a real Hardcore Game like Uncharted 3,Gears 3 etc possible with this piece of cheap plastic?

Otherwise - Next Gen release game would be nice.
But would get it probably for PS4 or PC....EA and DICE love Sony more and Frostbyte 2 is working on PC for 100%...No risk with those versions.

"PIECE OF CHEAP PLASTIC"

I wonder if Sony showed of the Kinect instead of Microsoft if you would have the same tune.

If I was a moderater I would have given you a warning.

I hope somebody does.

I am guilty of doing things like that in the past, but I know this site doesn't tolerate this kind of behavior or does it depending on who says it or for which company it's directed.

but maybe you yourself are a moderator

I am wondering are moderaters allowed to break the rules

anyway I have said what I have to say.

Microsoft have given us gamers enough for us to at least give them a chance and stop the hate.

Microsoft is here to stay like it or not and I like it.

There is nothing wrong with what he said. Its posts like yours that are annoying. Too much personal defense for an opinion on a device. I also have routinely stated my dislike of Kinect and its many flaws. I was even banned for 3 days due to some whiners tattling that I somehow offended them because I was talking negatively (factual negative remarks mind you) regarding to the videos (especially kinect star wars) of last year's E3 presentation. I guess I said it sucked one too many times.

Facts are Kinect is not suitable for most game genres and when its being forced to fit those games it simply sucks. Its good for some types of games, dancing, basic interaction, communal apps, etc.... but when it comes to gaming with the most popular types of 'core' games... well it just doesn't cut it.

In the end, people really need to realize a negative remark on a product is not an attack on you. No reason to get all bent out of shape.

I never thought is was an attack on me but more towards microsoft xbox 360 and Kinect.

and you are right some games do suck on kinect but then you have some that are good.

I still believe Kinect can be good for shooters and other genres but it is still a young platform

After playing the kinect myself I was impressed and I believe Kinect can be a great platform for almost every genre out there

I could be wrong, but I believe from the information I have been hearing from all over the net and microsoft

the games we are looking for will take time so I think people should give kinect time and I hope there really is a Kinect 2.0 for the next xbox

because I really want to see what this technology can really do.

almost three years old and it's a young platform?

... ok