By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 to have the most million sellers by the end of the gen

@ Selnor My point: Some people enjoy discussing interesting topics even if they may be insignificant. They should be allowed to do so without others belittling the thread so long as there is a discussion trying to take place.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Man some people always have to bring something irrelevant to discussions about PS3/Sony. "They're losing billions anyway, so the sales don't matter", "360 has sold more overall software (which is in no way even certain btw - PS3 has seen huge upwards adjustments for software recently and we never get software shipments from MS), so why are million sellers important". 

I'd say this counts for discussions about all 3 companies though.

pezus said:

Man some people always have to bring something irrelevant to discussions about PS3/Sony. "They're losing billions anyway, so the sales don't matter", "360 has sold more overall software (which is in no way even certain btw - PS3 has seen huge upwards adjustments for software recently and we never get software shipments from MS), so why are million sellers important". 

Its totally irrelevent how many software Sony shipped since Sony only gets paid if their software actually sells and in sales the gap between the 360 and PS3 is 88.41 million.  Also the gap would be a lot bigger if games on demand would be included in total software solds.  Also million seller is a poor inticator for overall dominace since a game that sells over a million copies is more likely to have a higher percentage of sales come at a deep discount and is more likely to be included in bundles.

pezus said:
Chris Hu said:
Games on demand is not included in that number plus their are a lot of 360 games that are under tracked so in reality the 360 has at least a dozen more million seller. Also it has a 88.41 million lead in total software lead over the PS3 which doesn't include games on demand. Last but not least the 360 lost a lot of more million sellers to piracy the 3DS is probably the only console that lost more million sellers to piracy this generation. Even if the PS3 has more million sellers then the 360 by the end of this generation it doesn't tell the whole story. Also I highly doubt that the PS3 can pass the 360 in total software sales this generation so the overall winner when it comes to software is still the 360 and would be a even bigger winner if games on demand would be included and the system itself would not be that easy to pirate games on.

Digital sales for PS3 games are also not included. This is about sales, so piracy is highly irrelevant.

But how many full retail games are their available on the PSN only a handful on the 360 their are hundreds of full retail games available for sale eventually almost every retail game will end up on games on demand.

ZaneWane said:
Gilgamesh said:
Millenium said:
Gilgamesh said:
Millenium said:
I don't see if happening tbh.

Care to give an explanation instead just disagreeing?

Just my opinion really on the amount of games coming out that will sell 1M+ on both platforms, I don't see Sony having enough big exclusives that are going to push them over 360's amount of million sellers.

Funny you'd like a explaination from the person disagreeing with you, and not the ones agreeing with you.

Only because its so obvious the PS3 is going to do it, it had like 80 million sellers in the last 2 years, a lot more then the X360 and the Wii which was creaming the PS3 two years ago.

Let's try something reasonable. Make up a list of all the games that are coming out on the X360 that you think will sell a million or more and I'll come out with a list of all Ps3 games, and we will see if we or others agree with our list just to get an idea of how many more million sellers each console left to come out. Fair enough?

just because some disagrees with you does not give you or anyone else the right to attack them

Huh? attacking people? Read the thread.

Around the Network

It could be done but I believe the Xbox 360 will still hold the lead, the gap could be closed with likes of Last of Us, Starhawk, and LittleBigPlanet Karting though.

Vgchartz always undertracks ps3 software if you follow the shipment data. So we'll never really know.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

scorptile said:
ok so how many games in the next few months will be million sellers for ps3 cause if anyone doesnt realize the next gen starts when the "Wii U" hits shelves, and current gen is considered over.

That is opened for debate......

Here is the trailing 12 month software revenue in the US per console.

As you can see, PS3 and Xbox360 are not really in huge decline mode....

If they peaked it was actually very very recently...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Nsanity said:
TruckOSaurus said:

A much more reasonable prediction than your other one about the Vita outselling the 3DS.

He said that?

Yes, he even put it in his signature so we can share the laughter.

Signature goes here!

Is this only retail or does this include any XBLA/PSN games that reached a million sales. Not to mention I see some kinect games reaching a million come holiday season like Star Wars and Disneyland, maybe even the second Your Shape kinect game.