By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 to have the most million sellers by the end of the gen

For the good and for the bad, Kinect games will garantee this won't happen.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Not sure why 1 million sellers is the focus.

Software in general for the 2 360 is eating PS3 alive. PS3 has no chance of selling more software than the 360. That doesn't include the huge digital sales 360 gets either compared to the lackluster PSN sales.

Uh no, it is certain PS3 is closing the gap in software numbers. Sony releases how many PS3 games have been shipped, Microsoft don't. The numbers could be very close.

Turkish said:
selnor said:

Software in general for the 2 360 is eating PS3 alive. PS3 has no chance of selling more software than the 360. That doesn't include the huge digital sales 360 gets either compared to the lackluster PSN sales.

Uh no, it is certain PS3 is closing the gap in software numbers. Sony releases how many PS3 games have been shipped, Microsoft don't. The numbers could be very close.

1: No that isn't/The numbers could be very close/it is certain PS3 is closing the gap in software numbers

2: Microsoft don't.

So, you basically contradicted yourself and admitted you have absolutely no idea whether PS3 is closing in.

Turkish said:
selnor said:

Its totally irrelavant how many games Sony ships since it only makes money if the game actually sells a lot of those games shipped will eventually be send back to Sony if they are not sold.

pezus said:
Chris Hu said:
Turkish said:
selnor said:

Its totally irrelavant how many games Sony ships since it only makes money if the game actually sells a lot of those games shipped will eventually be send back to Sony if they are not sold.

Read what this thread is about again. What are you trying to prove. How many million sellers PS3 has is completely relevant because that's what this thread is about!

Turkish brought up software shipped by Sony I was only responding to that.  Anyway since game on demand numbers are not included in the 360 numbers no one really knows how many million seller the 360 really has.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Chris Hu said:
pezus said:
Chris Hu said:
Turkish said:
selnor said:

Read what this thread is about again. What are you trying to prove. How many million sellers PS3 has is completely relevant because that's what this thread is about!

Turkish brought up software shipped by Sony I was only responding to that.  Anyway since game on demand numbers are not included in the 360 numbers no one really knows how many million seller the 360 really has.

Yes, and the same for PS3. Isn't it true that only the most popular 360 titles get released on demand and thus it wouldn't matter a whole lot? This is the PS3 list btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_PlayStation_3_games#PlayStation_3_games 

Can't be bothered to count, but that's probably ~150 games.

Looked at the list already some of the games on the list are not full retail games which is aslo true for some games on demand titles still only a little more then half as many full retail games on PSN as there are available on games on demand which puts out new games a lot faster almost on a daily basis.  Eventually I'm guessing that close to 70% of all retail games will end up on games on demand.  Of the 24 titles released on games on demand over the last two month I would say only Gears of War 3, FIFA 2012 and NBA 2K12 where really popular (sold over 2 million retail).

Millenium said:
I don't see if happening tbh.

Of course YOU don't see it happening. But its is highly likely.

Here's some exclusvies that should easily pass the 1mil mark this year or next
-The Last of Us
-God of War IV
-One Piece Pirate Warriors
-LittleBigPlanet Karting
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII

That's 5 right there! I'm not even going to back to games that are already near that mil mark....

how is talking about sales on sales website irrelevant

Dark_Feanor said:
For the good and for the bad, Kinect games will garantee this won't happen.

Kinect Games don't sell as well as you think. 

VGKing said:
Millenium said:
I don't see if happening tbh.

Of course YOU don't see it happening. But its is highly likely.

Here's some exclusvies that should easily pass the 1mil mark this year or next
-The Last of Us
-God of War IV
-One Piece Pirate Warriors
-LittleBigPlanet Karting
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII

That's 5 right there! I'm not even going to back to games that are already near that mil mark....

So your basically calling me a fanboy? Good for you son.

I love how unless it's your opinion, it must just be wrong. You crack me up.