By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Witcher 2 First Impressions

pezus said:
You should definitely play the game all the way through, and then some! The story is just so good, especially when compared with all of the "bro-RPGs" recently.

Wait they released WRPGs outside of Witcher 2 this past couple of years? All I remember is some action games, and one awesome hybrid called Deus Ex. 

Around the Network

Your gripes seem to either be about the limitation of your own last-gen, baby console, or the fact that you yourself are a casual baby who finally realizes they need to grow up past the "A" button and learn how to fight like a real man.

You baby.

I pretty much agree with your whole analysis of the game except I think the graphics are the best I've seen in an RPG. I hate not knowing what's going on in the game though...hopefully they'll explain by the end of the game.

BTW can anyone tell me the difference between the iron sword and the silver sword?

yo_john117 said:
I pretty much agree with your whole analysis of the game except I think the graphics are the best I've seen in an RPG. I hate not knowing what's going on in the game though...hopefully they'll explain by the end of the game.

BTW can anyone tell me the difference between the iron sword and the silver sword?

simple answer is silver against monsters and steel against humans but there are some exeption which i don't know exactly anymore.

stealth20k said:
never got into the first one

if you didn't like the combat, in this one it's completely different, much more action style than your average RPG.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142320&page=1

There you go. The thread that built up such unrealistic expectations. I expected to weep tears of joy as I played the best looking console game, ever. It looks great for a WRPG but, like I said, it looks nowhere near what it was hyped to be in that thread.

And I gotta go to work tonight. Going to sleep, now. Won't even play the game today. Probably won't play it again until Monday considering how little free time I'm going to have. From now until Monday, the Vita and the 3DS are going to have to satisfy my gaming needs.

The developer recommends installing it on the hard drive. You don't and then complain about the graphics. I wonder why I'm rolling my eyes right now.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

small pictures never show the real difference (which will be even bigger on big screen) but it was pretty clear that it won't look like the pc version. but i didn't know that it lost barrels!

btw what's new in the enhanced edition? i saw that the pc version got it as free patch as well would be great to know the differences.

crissindahouse said:

small pictures never show the real difference (which will be even bigger on big screen) but it was pretty clear that it won't look like the pc version. but i didn't know that it lost barrels!

btw what's new in the enhanced edition? i saw that the pc version got it as free patch as well would be great to know the differences.

It features new locations, like the underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate forest in the Loc Muine mountains. A batch of new characters is introduced to the Witcher storyline. All new cinematics and cut scenes expand upon the story, including a new three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn, created by BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski.

In additon to more than 4 hours of extra gameplay, improved graphics, new characters, locations, quests, 36 minutes of new cinematics, GOG.com has added the Witcher comic book, new game map, game guide, manual, and soundtrack to your free goodies list, simply because we love you. 

I've seen a few comparisons of Enhanced Edition vs Standard Edition, they've mostly added some embellishments and extra vegetation to the surroundings, and they've re-done some of the lighting. All in all,it's a great package. 

@pezus

yeah last time i played i a had a big update as well but now i have a new 11gb update for the enhanced version that's much for a bad connection like i have...

@pezus and sal.paradise

seems like i have to download it even with shitty connection...