By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 a Success?

Well, answer the damn question.

Yes it is. 333 77.26%

No it isn't. 68 15.78%

I love it when you recycle, d21! 30 6.96%

Total:431
Busted said:
of course it is, in fact i think this is the first generation in which all of the ''competitors'' do great.

Are you implying Sony did great? They lost billions. PS3 was the biggest financial disaster in gaming history.

I call that Obama logic.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
halil23 said:
"and tell me if Microsoft and the gaming world are better off with the 360 on the market."
Really? Truth be told: M$ first introduce pay to play on console, first introduce paid dlc, uses own expensive hhd, (notice the trend, m$ loves stealing money and also shows m$ can turn ordinary consumers into idiots that continue to support them, and supporting rrod) money hat reviewers, they even owns cnet which does reviews especially hardware that lowers score that isn't m$, does dirty tactics to get timed exclusives, has the worst failure rate in gaming history, I remember somewhere (consumer affair or some business association, can't remember) said if a hardware company makes product that has a higher failure rate than 10%, then said company has to cease production!! It shows how corrupt business (m$) can get away with it.
Now lewis, tell me is m$ really better for the gaming world?
It sad to see people continue to support the corrupted instead of the good...

People like you need to understand that virtually all big for profit corporations/companies are the same. They all have 1 main goal which is to get your money in any way, shape or form they can. I am a firm believer that if a big company could get away with sacrifising an innocent human being to get more profits, they would do it in a heartbeat. 

While i dont think it took gaming in the right direction, they turned around their lost pretty quickly and now are number 1 in america. I would say yes. Fully succes.

Hell Yeah it is! Especially from the perspective that XBOX Live is raking in the dollars. Numbers are one thing but profits are another.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

VGKing said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
VGKing said:
UltimateUnknown said:

A lot of people here may not care, but the 360 has seriously changed the way many people play their console games with Xbox Live. I would even say the 360 made online gaming relevant and mainstream on consoles. XBL is the gold standard for how an online gaming service is to be run on consoles.

So no, its not just a success commercially and in profitability, but its also a machine that has majorly changed the gaming landscape if you look at the current gaming trends.

PS3 has online as well though. So if somehow Microsoft decided to not make a succesor to the original XBox, PS3 would have been the online gaming platform of choice worldwide.

I think that the 360 success in America is both a blessing and a curse. Things can easily change each gen so if MS doesn't get 360 up and running in Japan and the other European countries, they could be in trouble is the PS4 or Wii U ends up taking America.

If you look back at the online capabilities of consoles. MS provided almost everything first. 

First online service to provide a flawless system. (XBOX)

First to provide online games. (XBOX)

First to provide on demand TV. (360)

First to provide on-demand Movies. (360)

First to provide live TV shows. (360)

1. Huh? You mean on consoles? Because PC did it first.
2. Actually Dreamcast had the first online games....
3. I'm pretty sure you can buy TV shows on PSN as well. 
4. Netflix, VUDU, Hulu, Amazon Instand Video, all on PS3. I guess 360 was the first to do Netflix? I don't remember.
5. Live TV shows? Like what?

Im pretty sure I said FIRST.. Ugh..

Yay!!!

Around the Network

Yes they defiantly were very successful and while I'm mostly happy with the the 360, the original Xbox was my most played last gen aside from the Dreamcast. Really though where are my Crimson Skies, Jade Empires, Blinx, Conkers, Shenmues, Jet Grind Radios, Panzer Dragoons, SWKOTORs, Voodo Vinces, Rallisport Challenges, Midtown Madnesses, Motocross Madnesses, Quantum Redshifts, Blood Wakes, Brute Forces, N.U.D.Ess MechAssaults,Kakuto Chojins, Phantom Dusts, Tao Fengs, Torks etc? I know all were not hits but no sequels to any of these is kinda dissapointing.

Yes, it is.

halil23 said:
@ yo_john117, no just no, Sony & Nintendo doesn't charge you for nothing unlike m$. But yeah since you love m$, we can't have a logic debate so let just forget about it...

In order to have a logic debate, you need an open mind. Which you obviously dont have... 

Youre just another Sony fan around the block. 

Yay!!!

for me, the 360 is a success in every field possible, a great gaming console with a great gaming library :)

halil23 said:
@ yo_john117, no just no, Sony & Nintendo doesn't charge you for nothing unlike m$. But yeah since you love m$, we can't have a logic debate so let just forget about it...

And you're so logical and unbiased.

Gotta laugh at the jokers in here, you, VGKing ect, I bet you all started foaming at the mouth when you saw this topic, just so you could come in and talk crap as per