Forums - Microsoft Discussion - witcher 2 review thread

pariz said:
NightDragon83 said:
enrageorange said:
PikaPikachu said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
PikaPikachu said:
still waiting on a ps3 version :(

Your gonna have to wait very long. Cosidering that it is the hardest to develop for.

True, But i can always dream lol :/

If the game sells well enough on the 360, I'm sure they will consider it. 

Nah, they're a pretty small developer with limited resources, and they've already said in interviews that they are hard at work on their next two titles (Witcher 3 presumably, and a new IP) which will be for PC / next-gen systems in '14/'15, so the odds of them doing a PS3 port in the next year or so are pretty much non-existent, no matter how well the 360 version does.

They can always let other people do the port.

True, but they have a pretty good track record going for them so far, and the last thing they'd want is to put their name on a shoddy version of the game that was outsourced to another studio and suffers from similar bugs and issues that plagued games like Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim on the PS3.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

The Witcher 1 + 2 are leagues ahead of every other game in terms of combining mood, setting, and story. Ever since I've finished Witcher 2, I've been disappointed with every game I've played. It's truly awesome.

Nice, I'll put this on my to-buy-list

Here I am, hoping The Witcher 2 on X360 sells wondrously well so that games as it become more popular and CDPROJECT and other companies give us more games like it.

Got my copy. I'm gonna fire it up in about an hour and a half. Hope I enjoy it as much as I think I will. Any word on the new reviews, OP?

Around the Network
pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:
*Waits for Edge to give it a 9/10 despite giving the PC version 6/10*

Why would EDGE do that? Are they usually partial?

OT: A PS3 port done by the developer themselves is unlikely, I don't think they have the man power next to their other projects.

I expect the final metacritic to be between 90 and 94

They tend to rate 360 games higher than PS3 games (when compared to avg. scores), not sure about their PC history.

People see what they want to in scores, unless you can provide adequate proof of such a claim along with valid reasons for why they were incorrect in their reviews and hence have some bias you shouldn't make such claims imo.

I'll probably put this on my Christmas list as I've got too many games to play at the moment to consider it for now.

*Edited from my original far too grumpy response* - Note to self to not post late at night.

Anyone is canada looking to buy game they have it at futureshop and bestbuy for 49.99 instead of 59.99

pezus said:
slowmo said:
pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:

OT: A PS3 port done by the developer themselves is unlikely, I don't think they have the man power next to their other projects.

They tend to rate 360 games higher than PS3 games (when compared to avg. scores), not sure about their PC history.

People see what they want to in scores, unless you can provide adequate proof of such a claim along with valid reasons for why they were incorrect in their reviews and hence have some bias you shouldn't make such claims imo.

I'll probably put this on my Christmas list as I've got too many games to play at the moment to consider it for now.

*Edited from my original far too grumpy response* - Note to self to not post late at night.

A while back somebody did a comparison and Edge rated 360 exclusives higher than PS3 ones on average (when taking the metacritic scores into account).

Edit: Found it! - http://edgevsmeta.blogspot.com/

"The consistency of the score differences is remarkable. Whether comparing the top 10,20 or 30 games, the 360 is always scored higher by EDGE, followed by multiplatforms, and followed by PS3 exclusives in the last place. The lines are relatively straight and flat, with no lines crossing each other or switching places after the top 10. If EDGE really scored games irrespective of their platforms, we'd have expected the three lines to cross each other and be all over the place, but this is not the case. There is a strong pattern of discrimination for 360 exclusives and against PS3 exclusives."

So in summary the big complaint is that 360 exclusives seem to be reviewed with higher scores than PS3 exclusives?  Has that been checked again since the large number of Kinect exclusives as I doubt it would be quite as heavily weighted now.  The simple fact is by and large most Microsoft exclusives have been very very good and the PS3 may have the same number of good exclusives but they have released far more that fall into the utter tosh bracket this gen too like for example Lair.  This isn't a knock against Sony, many people prefer a large variety of genres and games and choose to make their own mind up.  Oh well, I guess if it's such an issue PS3 owners should just ignore them, it's not like one score has a huge effect on anyone's enkoyment or the metacritic average.

pezus said:
slowmo said:
pezus said:
slowmo said:
pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:

A while back somebody did a comparison and Edge rated 360 exclusives higher than PS3 ones on average (when taking the metacritic scores into account).

"The consistency of the score differences is remarkable. Whether comparing the top 10,20 or 30 games, the 360 is always scored higher by EDGE, followed by multiplatforms, and followed by PS3 exclusives in the last place. The lines are relatively straight and flat, with no lines crossing each other or switching places after the top 10. If EDGE really scored games irrespective of their platforms, we'd have expected the three lines to cross each other and be all over the place, but this is not the case. There is a strong pattern of discrimination for 360 exclusives and against PS3 exclusives."

So in summary the big complaint is that 360 exclusives seem to be reviewed with higher scores than PS3 exclusives?  Has that been checked again since the large number of Kinect exclusives as I doubt it would be quite as heavily weighted now.  The simple fact is by and large most Microsoft exclusives have been very very good and the PS3 may have the same number of good exclusives but they have released far more that fall into the utter tosh bracket this gen too like for example Lair.  This isn't a knock against Sony, many people prefer a large variety of genres and games and choose to make their own mind up.  Oh well, I guess if it's such an issue PS3 owners should just ignore them, it's not like one score has a huge effect on anyone's enkoyment or the metacritic average.

That article is not comparing scores directly PS3 vs. 360 from Edge, it's comparing how they score compared to the general average score (metacritic). So, what this tells us is that Edge underrates PS3 exclusives A LOT more than 360 ones. So, it doesn't matter here that Sony has made more or less bad games than MS, because they're comparing the score to the metacritic scores and how far off they are for the respective consoles.

And well, I was asked if Edge is usually partial and there is the answer.

If you were a PS3 owner then you'd be better off avoiding their reviews.  I personally don't care as I only ever really read GamesTM and listen to the views of forum users before buying.  Thanks for sharing, I didn't get the complete picture from the graph, it makes more sense how it backed up your argument now you mention it in that way

pezus said:
slowmo said:
pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:

It also could be that Edge isn't biased and it's some other sites giving PS3 exclusives inflated scores.  I mean take a look at The Official Xbox Magazine and compare it to The Official Playstation Magazine.  Notice how OPM gives out a lot more hundreds to PS3 games than OXM gives to 360 ones?

As for your original comment it makes no sense as this is the enhanced version of the game so the fixes to it may have addressed Edge's technical issues with the original game.  That alone could bring it up a few points or it could go up even more if there's a different reviewer this time around.