Forums - Microsoft Discussion - witcher 2 review thread

Legend11 said:
pezus said:
slowmo said:
pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:
*Waits for Edge to give it a 9/10 despite giving the PC version 6/10*

Why would EDGE do that? Are they usually partial?

OT: A PS3 port done by the developer themselves is unlikely, I don't think they have the man power next to their other projects.

I expect the final metacritic to be between 90 and 94

They tend to rate 360 games higher than PS3 games (when compared to avg. scores), not sure about their PC history.

People see what they want to in scores, unless you can provide adequate proof of such a claim along with valid reasons for why they were incorrect in their reviews and hence have some bias you shouldn't make such claims imo.

I'll probably put this on my Christmas list as I've got too many games to play at the moment to consider it for now.

*Edited from my original far too grumpy response* - Note to self to not post late at night.

A while back somebody did a comparison and Edge rated 360 exclusives higher than PS3 ones on average (when taking the metacritic scores into account).

Edit: Found it! - http://edgevsmeta.blogspot.com/

"The consistency of the score differences is remarkable. Whether comparing the top 10,20 or 30 games, the 360 is always scored higher by EDGE, followed by multiplatforms, and followed by PS3 exclusives in the last place. The lines are relatively straight and flat, with no lines crossing each other or switching places after the top 10. If EDGE really scored games irrespective of their platforms, we'd have expected the three lines to cross each other and be all over the place, but this is not the case. There is a strong pattern of discrimination for 360 exclusives and against PS3 exclusives."

It also could be that Edge isn't biased and it's some other sites giving PS3 exclusives inflated scores.  I mean take a look at The Official Xbox Magazine and compare it to The Official Playstation Magazine.  Notice how OPM gives out a lot more hundreds to PS3 games than OXM gives to 360 ones?

As for your original comment it makes no sense as this is the enhanced version of the game so the fixes to it may have addressed Edge's technical issues with the original game.  That alone could bring it up a few points or it could go up even more if there's a different reviewer this time around.

Inflated scores?? in what way! how do they inflate scores? what a ridiculous thing to say, The Official xbox magazine could just be harsher with there reviews you know.

Around the Network

Bullshit

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings---enhanced-edition

89 Meta because of two mixed reviews and ONE 4.5/10. Dude just made the game lose its critical acclaim >:(. Still great reviews nonetheless and a really cool game. I'm only like an hour into the PC version.

Aldro said:

Bullshit

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings---enhanced-edition

89 Meta because of two mixed reviews and ONE 4.5/10. Dude just made the game lose its critical acclaim >:(. Still great reviews nonetheless and a really cool game. I'm only like an hour into the PC version.

Lol that review is laughable. Oh well it's still a 90+ in my eyes.

Aldro said:

Bullshit

Do you even know what critically acclaimed means?

Aldro said:

Bullshit

"Should you buy Enhanced Edition if you have already purchased The Witcher 2 on PC? That's a tough question to answer. The additional content is appealing, but if you've been faithfully supporting the game by purchasing DLC, it will undoubtedly feel like you are buying a lot of things for a second time."

I facepalmed so hard FFS every peice of DLC is free and included in patches, how can you get that wrong? There is no reason to buy the game again on 360 at all 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:

Bullshit

Do you even know what critically acclaimed means?

That the critics praise the game :'D,

ONE REVIEWER HAD TO HATE SO THE STATUS CHANGED TO "generally favourable reviews" :(. Yeah ridicilous that I even care... lol.

zarx said:
Aldro said:

Bullshit

"Should you buy Enhanced Edition if you have already purchased The Witcher 2 on PC? That's a tough question to answer. The additional content is appealing, but if you've been faithfully supporting the game by purchasing DLC, it will undoubtedly feel like you are buying a lot of things for a second time."

I facepalmed so hard FFS every peice of DLC is free and included in patches, how can you get that wrong? There is no reason to buy the game again on 360 at all 

Speechless.

4.5 ? Are they serious ? That sire must be a joke but who cares they want hits, just that.

Argh_College said:
4.5 ? Are they serious ? That sire must be a joke but who cares they want hits, just that.

I didn't read the review and I'm not going to their page but did they really criticize the game because the Enhanced Edition isn't very different from the PC version of The Witcher 2?  If so, what would happen if they review Batman for the PS3 and 360?  Would they say that the 360 version gets a 1/10 because it's too similar to the PC version?

d21lewis said:
Argh_College said:

I didn't read the review and I'm not going to their page but did they really criticize the game because the Enhanced Edition isn't very different from the PC version of The Witcher 2?  If so, what would happen if they review Batman for the PS3 and 360?  Would they say that the 360 version gets a 1/10 because it's too similar to the PC version?

yeah but bad site is a bad site so who cares. i dont know why they are on Meta though... Seems stupid