By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official iOS Gaming Thread!

famousringo said:
I was curious about Tales of Phantasia, but being freemium and always-online are a couple of black marks against it.

Luckily you can play the entire game without making any IAP.

Online only does indeed stink, but I can't complain too much since it doesn't cost a dime. That and the fact that I have yet to play this game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Tales of Phantasia is a pain in the rear. They have disabled save points near bosses and the difficulty is somewhere between Hard and Mania.

Had to pump $2 into it to power level a bit to avoid hours of grinding. About 8 hours into it now.

----------------------

That isn't the real news though! The real news is that at Midnight the wait is over. Final Fantasy VI is releasing on the Appstore!

Yeah it's a $16 game, but it does have (1) BIG TIME improvement. Cyan no longer requires you to picka Sword Tech and wait until it fills before you can do anything. Now you can still use your other party members while it is charging.

Cyan is finally USEFUL!

Will be buying this without a doubt as FFVI is my all time favorite JRPG.

Oh yeah, before anyone is worried, the music in this version is stellar. I played a little bit on Android and expect the same stellar sound on this one. It really sounds incredible.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Still playing FFV and FF4 the after years... But i'll get Ff6. Also Broken Sword 5 episode 1 releases later tonight.. The iPad is really perfect for adventure games..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Still playing FFV and FF4 the after years... But i'll get Ff6. Also Broken Sword 5 episode 1 releases later tonight.. The iPad is really perfect for adventure games..

Pfft... my 3.5" iPhone 4S screen is where it's at.

Currently playing:

Fuck Tales of Phantasia, seriously...

Cave of Spirits, where you get the Gnome summon, none of the passwords work, including the one that is SUPPOSED to work which you buy from an NPC... The letters needed aren't even available. I can't find the answer to this anywhere and it is seriously bugging the hell out of me to the point where I am just going to stop playing...

KuKuRiN and OTaKaRa both end up saying "I know this must mean something"...

*sigh*

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Still playing Brave Frontier and nobody joined... I am disappoint.

Still playing Brave Frontier... just putting that out there.

Could use some sign-ups to use my code so I can get some Metal Gods and get my last (2) party members to 5* status.

Currently playing:

Have you tried this one yet?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id681646403?mt=8&affId=1720307

You have the urge to push everyone off the platform, but you get less currency that way.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Did anyone here play Hotel Dusk Room 215 on the DS?...I used to love games like that...any similar games on the App Store?

JGarret said:
Did anyone here play Hotel Dusk Room 215 on the DS?...I used to love games like that...any similar games on the App Store?
Cause of Death 
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Layton Brothers: Mystery Room 
Murder Files
The Secret of Chateau de Moreau (this one is fun)
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery
- 1112 episode 1 and 2
- Detective Grimoire (its short)
- Ghost Trick ( also on DS)
- Touch Detective 1 and 2.5 ( also on DS)
- Devils Attorney

There are also plenty of non detective adventure/visual book/point and click/ puzzle games on iOS

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
JGarret said:
Cause of Death 
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Layton Brothers: Mystery Room 
Murder Files
The Secret of Chateau de Moreau (this one is fun)
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery
- 1112 episode 1 and 2
- Detective Grimoire (its short)
- Ghost Trick ( also on DS)
- Touch Detective 1 and 2.5 ( also on DS)
- Devils Attorney

There are also plenty of non detective adventure/visual book/point and click/ puzzle games on iOS

Thanks!...by the way, out of the games on that list, what´s your personal favorite?