By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It snowed in Baghdad, Iraq for first time in almost 100 years.

Bed sounds good, I think my wife is upset I've been at the computer this long anyways. I'd hate to contribute to global warming, she's Irish and has a flaming hot temper to match.

Around the Network

I going to have to call bluff for global warming because I vividly remember when I was in Elementary school my science along with every other scientist was predicting that the world was going to be in a cooling phase. The thing about this was this was in the early to mid 90's and know the experts are predicting global warming. This is base on what a few hundreds years, aren't they the ones who tell us the world is billions of years old. I guess I would trust them if they tracked this during at least 10% of the world's existence which is what hmmm at least 100 million years of data.

Also how come everyone forgets that the carbon dioxide is going to stay in the atmosphere for hundreds of years even if we do something about if the global warming is going to happen it's still going to happen. I'm all for going green but I believe this we have to do something about is man's way to try to believe that he is in control when we are not.

Also the global warming is caused by carbon dioxide eating up are atmosphere, which would then cause the greenhouse gases to stay in the Earth resulting in more of the heat of the sun's rays to stay on Earth. This is what global warming is about right (if I'm mistaken plz inform me) But if more the gases leak out like in a masses volcano explosion like "kracatowa"

Flow said:
OnlyIsrael said:
Flow said:
OnlyIsrael said:

Yeah, or you could always listen to what everybody says, then we go back to the ages where we work like dogs our entire lives so we can rest in heaven while the rich laugh about us.

You just got to be rational to realize that we didn't caused global warming.

Still cool to see how we derailed the thread, I'll wait for the day it snows here in Rio so we can discuss the war on Iraq. 

Isn't that just a failed attempt to twist my own point without actually making a legitimate one of your own or even presenting your post in comprehensible language? And how is ignoring data rational? And what does religious belief have to do with any of this at all?

You was saying the guy instinctively knows what is right and wrong, i made my point saying you just got to be rational to realize that human actions are not cause of global warming. As i said before, there is not even proof, just media and going by it is not rational. Sorry for the religious point, just wanted to give an example of the good old times where people would let them be manipulated.

And sory me no U S and A rezident, ma englis to bad!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

"These assessments have largely followed or endorsed the IPCC position that "An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities" "

15 out of 17 on that list agree and the other two (including "American Association of Petroleum Geologists") don't disagree. 

"...no remaining scientific body of national or international standing is known to reject the basic findings of human influence on recent climate."

I'm not going to bother putting pages and pages of data up here but I am going to say that when NO national or international scientific organization is known to disagree with scientific opinion on a "hot-button" issue, it's damn well close enough to fact for me to take their word on it.  Certainly it's enough for me to take their word on it over the media or politicians or whatnot. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

segajon said:
Final-Fan said:
The Sox did it, so we're halfway there, right?

Do you mean Red Sox or White Sox they both recently snapped their curse.

In that case, I meant the Soxen.  Soxes.  SOXCVVDSIEHFBESAGLK

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Where the hech did allstarr 35 come from

Around the Network

Bed already? 4:47 am in mother Brasil and 14:47 in paradise Singapore! Too bad vacation is almost over. Going for some local girls today before i go back, not thinking about sleeping for a very long time today.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

allstarr35 said:
I going to have to call bluff for global warming because I vividly remember when I was in Elementary school my science along with every other scientist was predicting that the world was going to be in a cooling phase. The thing about this was this was in the early to mid 90's and know the experts are predicting global warming. This is base on what a few hundreds years, aren't they the ones who tell us the world is billions of years old. I guess I would trust them if they tracked this during at least 10% of the world's existence which is what hmmm at least 100 million years of data.

Also how come everyone forgets that the carbon dioxide is going to stay in the atmosphere for hundreds of years even if we do something about if the global warming is going to happen it's still going to happen. I'm all for going green but I believe this we have to do something about is man's way to try to believe that he is in control when we are not.

Also the global warming is caused by carbon dioxide eating up are atmosphere, which would then cause the greenhouse gases to stay in the Earth resulting in more of the heat of the sun's rays to stay on Earth. This is what global warming is about right (if I'm mistaken plz inform me) But if more the gases leak out like in a masses volcano explosion like "kracatowa"<---- ?? Scientist say this would result in a lack of sun light cause an ice age and massive death of vegetation and human and other animal life.....

so which is it....

I'm not a big fan of "we're doomed anyway so burn 'em if you got 'em".  Climate science is way ahead of where it was and elementary-school teachers are not exactly on the cutting edge.  Obviously nature has a lot to do with it but that hardly means we're helpless. 

Huh, so the Earth WAS cooling down between ~1940 and ~1970. I guess that part of the book was right.

Have any of you guys read Michael Crichton's State of Fear? I've always wondered how much of the novel was fact and how much was fiction. At seems that his numbers were pretty spot on, but I wonder about the rest of the theories concerning Global Warming.

Yeah, but it didn't brought the end of the world and neither was totally the human race fault, was it?

Neither will/is this one. Just mother nature doing her thing.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Flow said:
Yeah, but it didn't brought the end of the world and neither was totally the human race fault, was it?

Neither will/is this one. Just mother nature doing her thing.
Well I'm glad to see at least that you now accept that it is happening.  (At least, that's what I assume from your sentence fragment and lack of response to my above reply.)