By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It snowed in Baghdad, Iraq for first time in almost 100 years.

I saw it on the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. I thought that it was pretty interesting because I remember just back in August it was 115 degrees F there.

Around the Network

Global Warming!!!!!

Wait...

Ya I'm waiting for some stupid scientist/ anaylist to blame the snow on Global Warming.

cool48 said:
Global Warming!!!!!

Wait...

Global  Warming is a myth.....im calling it now

Now it is not a myth and we have to act now otherwise this world will be in trouble as soon as possibly 20-30 years.

Around the Network
segajon said:
Now it is not a myth and we have to act now otherwise this world will be in trouble as soon as possibly 20-30 years.

okay....so its a possibly dangerous myth?

segajon said:

Where's the proof of this? To be completely honest, I don't buy into the "Global Warming" junk at all. We (humans) don't have nearly enough data in order to reach an accurate conclusion. We have a few centuries of data, but beyond that, we don't have a clue what happened. and the Earth being a few billion years old (much more data supporting this than global warming), could just shift between periods of really hot temperatures and really cold temperatures. I believe we need much more data than we currently have avalible in order to decide whether this is a real threat or not.

EDIT: oops, forgot...

I heard about this on the radio today, its kinda interesting. I wonder what the people over there think about it... Probably, not much, they have other things to worry about right now I would assume. 

hm thats interesting i thought that theres never snow there

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

insomniac17 said:
segajon said:

Where's the proof of this? To be completely honest, I don't buy into the "Global Warming" junk at all. We (humans) don't have nearly enough data in order to reach an accurate conclusion. We have a few centuries of data, but beyond that, we don't have a clue what happened. and the Earth being a few billion years old (much more data supporting this than global warming), could just shift between periods of really hot temperatures and really cold temperatures. I believe we need much more data than we currently have avalible in order to decide whether this is a real threat or not. 

I agree kind of, sure i think the earth goes in cycles of really hot tempurature and really cold ones, maybe the planet is just thawing out and the cycle will keep going and there will be an ice age in the future(which scienist are predicting to happen in 100 million years i think i read somewhere). But there is proof and enough data that carbon dioxcide and other greenhouse gasses destroy and eat the atmosphere, so if we keep loading the earth with these toxins when it goes through its cycle the cold part(ice age or whatever you want to call it) will be warmer than usual, and the warmer part of the cycle will be extremely warmer than average.

I have no idea if what I said just makes sense but that is ok.

Yey Off subject but MY 100th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!