By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It snowed in Baghdad, Iraq for first time in almost 100 years.

stof said:
Everyone in this thread denying global warming scares the crap out of me.

QFT - its almost depressing enough to never visit VG again. I don't understand what is wrong with people :(

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Global warming is pretty much certain, as is Human influence on it, whether this snow is a result of global warming however is uncertain

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@ shams. Its the Internet. Full of Global warming and Lunar landing doubters and Ron Paul supporters.

As for everyone in this thread arguing on the side of sanity. Give it up. If someone still doesn't believe in human caused climate change, they're not going to no matter how it's explained. They've given up on reason far too long ago.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

shams said:
stof said:
Everyone in this thread denying global warming scares the crap out of me.

QFT - its almost depressing enough to never visit VG again. I don't understand what is wrong with people :(

I contribute a majority of the problem to people substituting the internet in lieu of an actual education. Wikipedia FTW!

It's also funny that people try to use an event like this to deny global warming. Do you guys actually think that global warming will just cause the climate to get hotter everywhere?

As far as I've heard, that's not the case, there could be lots of places where the result of global warming could actually be abnormal cooling, due to changes in ocean currents and such. There goes your attempt to disprove global warming using this story.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I'll just say that segajon really didn't come out and challenge global warming, he just expressed surprise at snow in southern Vietnam, oops i mean, Iraq. (That's just a joke people, please o please don't take that seriously)
However, post#2 successfully derailed this thread in a matter of seconds.

What is funny is that you say Global warming is certain when there is absolutely no scientific proof of it whatsoever. I challenge anyone on here to give one substantial proof that the Earth is getting warmer, and further that humans are the cause of it. You all make me laugh. Global Warming, what a joke! You all probably believe in evolution as well. Better yet, get me a single fact to back that up while you are at it.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

kazadoom said:
What is funny is that you say Global warming is certain when there is absolutely no scientific proof of it whatsoever. I challenge anyone on here to give one substantial proof that the Earth is getting warmer, and further that humans are the cause of it. You all make me laugh. Global Warming, what a joke! You all probably believe in evolution as well. Better yet, get me a single fact to back that up while you are at it.

Here is a perfect example of what I was pointing out earlier.

Well kazadoom it is a fact that it has gradually been getting warmer then say two decades ago.

OnlyIsrael said:
kazadoom said:

Here is a perfect example of what I was pointing out earlier.

Yet, you can't provide what he asked, can you?

If you can, there was a site that was giving $100,000 to any guy who could, i'll try to find the link...

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"