By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It snowed in Baghdad, Iraq for first time in almost 100 years.

OnlyIsrael said:

@cool

So, you're saying that your personal beliefs can alter peer reviewed data obtained through the scientific method that has been scrutinized by hundreds of college educated experts on the topic?

Yes obviously, I am not a robot I will not believe some other people that claim that Global Warming is going to kill us and go against what I think is the truth.

If you're basing yourself on what these few scientists which are greatly magnified by the media on wether global warming is true than I suggest you do some research since many scientists admit that do not think global warming is true.

There was one example where some few hundred scientists had signed a paper declaring that global warming was in fact a problem. Now I don't have this example in text but I have read it somewhere's and if you want proof of it I could look it up. But anyways a person had analysed this list which as I said before a few hundred scientists had signed. He started by eliminating all the scientists that we're getting paid to promote global warming and then removed the ones that didn't have they're fully degree... I do not completely remeber what it was but anyways by the end he only had a few true scientists that had volunteerly signed the sheet. Saying that global warming was a problem.

But like I said before I do think we polute too much and I do believe we have to cut down on produced emitions.

Around the Network

I never thought the snow in baghdad thread would go into a vicious global warming debate, but this is fun.

^^^I think it was pretty much my first comment that set this off.

cool48 said:
^^^I think it was pretty much my first comment that set this off.

Yes it was, but boy did it make things interesting.

NJ5 said:

It's also funny that people try to use an event like this to deny global warming. Do you guys actually think that global warming will just cause the climate to get hotter everywhere?

As far as I've heard, that's not the case, there could be lots of places where the result of global warming could actually be abnormal cooling, due to changes in ocean currents and such. There goes your attempt to disprove global warming using this story.

check the links I gave on page 1 please. bottom of page

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Flow said:
OnlyIsrael said:
kazadoom said:
What is funny is that you say Global warming is certain when there is absolutely no scientific proof of it whatsoever. I challenge anyone on here to give one substantial proof that the Earth is getting warmer, and further that humans are the cause of it. You all make me laugh. Global Warming, what a joke! You all probably believe in evolution as well. Better yet, get me a single fact to back that up while you are at it.

Here is a perfect example of what I was pointing out earlier.

Yet, you can't provide what he asked, can you?

If you can, there was a site that was giving $100,000 to any guy who could, i'll try to find the link...

Lets see, I could waste my free time tonight looking up primary sources in scholarly journals (which I have very little of because I'm pursing an advanced degree in the biological sciences and I basically live at school) to prove to someone that won't believe what has already been proven by other people. Or, I could enjoy myself by participating in a Video Game website.

Or, if it matters so much to him/you you could go get an education at a credible university in the hard sciences and not waste mine or anyone else’s time with links to internet sites that prove nothing other than someone has an opinion and they feel that having it makes their arguments valid.

I actively pursued and am pursuing an education in the sciences; please don't assume that we're somehow discussing this issue on a level playing field and that I in any way feel that you have presented any semblance of a valid argument. The burden of proof is in the hands of those opposing established scientific understanding (they've already had to prove their data), not the other way around.

cool48 said:
OnlyIsrael said:

@cool

So, you're saying that your personal beliefs can alter peer reviewed data obtained through the scientific method that has been scrutinized by hundreds of college educated experts on the topic?

Yes obviously, I am not a robot I will not believe some other people that claim that Global Warming is going to kill us and go against what I think is the truth.

I want to be absolutely clear on this so I don't and am not misunderstanding you. You assert that your pesonal beliefs on specific physical data has the ability to alter said data?

NJ5 said:

It's also funny that people try to use an event like this to deny global warming. Do you guys actually think that global warming will just cause the climate to get hotter everywhere?

As far as I've heard, that's not the case, there could be lots of places where the result of global warming could actually be abnormal cooling, due to changes in ocean currents and such. There goes your attempt to disprove global warming using this story.

Yo I didn't start the thread saying this event concludes that Global Warming is a hoax, all I said was I thought it was Interesting that it snowed there when it rarely does, esspecially after the hot summer they had.D

cool48 said:
OnlyIsrael said:

@cool

If you're basing yourself on what these few scientists which are greatly magnified by the media on wether global warming is true than I suggest you do some research since many scientists admit that do not think global warming is true.

There was one example where some few hundred scientists had signed a paper declaring that global warming was in fact a problem. Now I don't have this example in text but I have read it somewhere's and if you want proof of it I could look it up. But anyways a person had analysed this list which as I said before a few hundred scientists had signed. He started by eliminating all the scientists that we're getting paid to promote global warming and then removed the ones that didn't have they're fully degree... I do not completely remeber what it was but anyways by the end he only had a few true scientists that had volunteerly signed the sheet. Saying that global warming was a problem.

But like I said before I do think we polute too much and I do believe we have to cut down on produced emitions.

I think the bolded portion tells us all we need to know about your reading writing comprehension skills, but just for fun I'll repeat an earlier post of mine:

"There is no dispute in the mainstream scientific community that humans are affecting global climate and that the effect is higher temperature.

"The only question is what the amount of warming will be, and how fast it will occur.

"The current majority opinion is that the increase will be a small number of degrees but that even a small change in average global climate will have large, possibly severe, and regionally devastating consequences."

There is no dispute in the mainstream scientific community that humans are affecting global climate and that the effect is higher temperature.
There is no dispute in the mainstream scientific community that humans are affecting global climate and that the effect is higher temperature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change#Statements_by_dissenting_organizations

"...no remaining scientific body of national or international standing is known to reject the basic findings of human influence on recent climate."

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

OnlyIsrael said:
cool48 said:
OnlyIsrael said:

@cool

I want to be absolutely clear on this so I don't and am not misunderstanding you. You assert that your pesonal beliefs on specific physical data has the ability to alter said data?

No I'm saying that my beliefs allow me to choose what I think is true and believe whichever data I want too.

I don't think we're really disagreeing here just maybe not understanding eachother correctly, all I'm saying is that I won't believe everything that is said out there.