By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Worst movie sequels ever!!!! (POTENTIAL SPOILERS!)

POTENTIAL MOVIE SPOILERS

I've just seen Highlander for the first time in years. Although it was a good film imo despite some very dodgy acting and some appalling Scottish accents (the only convinvincing Scottish accent was from Sean Connery who IS Scottish but whos character was supposed to be fron Egypt and later Spain) It reminded me of the Highlander sequels that were imo so awfull they should have been illegal As far as I can remember the story completly changed to how they were immortal. And Sean Connery somehow returns???  So what do the members of VGChartz think are the worst movie sequels of all time? Please explain why, in your opinion, your chosen sequel should be considered amongst the worst ever made

Around the Network

The Star Wars "prequels" and Matrix 2+3... /thread

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Every Disney movie sequels with pirates of the Caribbean and tron legacy the exception.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:

Star Wars 3 and Matrix 2 were actually really good I thought.

The Star Wars pequels were really good (apart from The Phantom Menace, Jar Jar Binks maked me sad inside) I've not actually seen the Matrix sequels in full yet ( bows head in shame) so can't comment on them.

I'd have to say Pirates 4 would be up there, except for a few actors in it, it was just horrible imo.

The Hills Have Eyes 2 (the 2000's version) was also considerably worse than The Hills have Eyes (the 2000's version)

Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings (Technically a prequel) was also absolutely rubbish in comparison to Wrong Turn 3 (which in turn was worse than Wrong Turn 2, which in turn...)

There are more, but I try to forget about them...

Around the Network

X-men 3 (which i think was just called x3 in some countries...they had to dumb the title down for us ignorant australians)

All concerned with this one should be shot...way to fuck up what could have been one of the best super hero movie trilogies of all time. Nowadays I can't even bring myself to watch the first 2 because there's no goddamned point when I know that it all ends in crap.

Fortunately X-men:First Class showed signs of redemption for the franchise and apparently they are making a follow up. Let's hope they don't screw this one up as well.

Oh...and I was always extremely dissapointed with PORKY's II

spurgeonryan said:
Forget Jar Jar, did not even mind him. Jack Lord or whoever that kid was annoyed me the most.

Jack Lord???

RedInker said:
spurgeonryan said:
Forget Jar Jar, did not even mind him. Jack Lord or whoever that kid was annoyed me the most.

Jack Lord???

Jake Lloyd...the annoying little brat that kept shouting:'YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!'

spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:

Star Wars 3 and Matrix 2 were actually really good I thought.

I actually prefer Phantom Menance over the other 2 prequels believe it or not.  For some reason nowadays I don't find it nearly as reprehensable as the other two.  Clones is absolutely unwatchable because of the terrible acting and dialogue of pretty much every character, and Sith.... Sith single handedly ruined one of the greatest movie characters of all time in Darth Vader.  He went from the ultimate badass in the original trilogy to one of whiniest, pussiest characters to ever grace the silver screen.

Matrix 2 was decent I agree, lots of eye candy and was great in the theater, but it came nowhere close to living up to the hype generated after the first one became a mega hit.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

@Nightdragons to be fair they'd already ruined the character of Vader at the end of ROTJ with all that 'You were right Luke...tell your sister you were right' crap.

Which reminds me...RETURN of the JEDI would rate up there with worst sequels of all time (even if it is a bit of an easy target!)...to me, Jedi is far worse than any of the prequels.