By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Creating Super Mario Bros. 4?

Tagged games:

If anything it would SMB8

1.Super Mario Bros
2. Super Mario Bros 2
3. Super Mario Bros 3
4. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
6. New Super Mario Bros
7. New Super Mario Bros Wii

I guess SMB7, if you don't include 6 above.
SMB12 if you include the 'Land' continuity.

Or, I could just be f*n with all of you, or Nintendo could be mind-f*n all of us to see how much boys/men scream like a little girl when they hear a new 'Mario' is being worked on.

Around the Network

Indeed SMW is SMB4 in Japan.

so unless they are regestering all number liKE SMB5-SMB6 and so on i do not understand.

Said so - any new Mario game it's a day one purchase. a new galaxy like on 3DS will be minute one purchase!

Switch!!!

Solid-Stark said:
This would be killer for WiiU

Isn't NSMBMii being made for WiiU?

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

It would be SMB5 because SMW is officially SMB4. I'm surprised not many people know this.

That's not really a big issue, everyone knows SMB4 as SMW

For the japanese cover of super mario. i think the 4 means can play up to 4 persons with one cartridge (if the caracter for people is the same as in chinese).

Else for super mario bros mii. i don't know why but i think about a cross game between wii U and 3ds.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Around the Network

This flawed cover even has Playstation symbols in it. The nerve!

I would assume at this point in the whole mario numbering cycle it would make more sense to stick with the NEW SUPER MARIO BROS label (considering each game in the nsmb series has sold what? 25 million each or so) regardless of which mario game was actually the REAL sequel to which game...

Therefore, even if they made a new  game which was considered (by pedantic people) a direct spiritual successor to either smb 3 or smb 4, it would most probably be given a 'NEW SUPER MARIO BROS' tag such as NEW SUPER MARIO wii U or 3ds or whatever to risk confusing newer fans.

(To think, back when Mario 64 came out I was dumb enough to consider THAT the sequel to Marioworld...fortunately nowadays people are better informed! We were dumber back then in '96-97 and few people had this int-ren net thingy that's all the rage now so it was hard to keep on top of things)

Galaki said:
Solid-Stark said:

Yes...I'd personally prefer a "4" than "Mii" even if the same game with a different title. :P

Didn't like the "New" mario bros games much.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
Galaki said:
Solid-Stark said:

Yes...I'd personally prefer a "4" than "Mii" even if the same game with a different title. :P

Didn't like the "New" mario bros games much.

Yes, it is time to go back to the core. The nostalgia factor would be through the roof. First, the bring back the "GamePad" name from the NES days for the Wii U controller, then it would be baller if they brought back the old series in name and in spirit. From the looks of it, the game certainly has all the elements to be a fantastic SMB game, and true to form. Can't wait! More news on it tomorrow...