By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Creating Super Mario Bros. 4?

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:

On E3 just before they revealed New Super Mario Bros Wii they said something like 4 is the reason this game came to be and 4 is this and 4 is that!

I was all "OH MY GOD, THEY DID IT, THEY F**** DID IT! THEY FINALLY MADE MARIO 4!!!" And it was not Mario 4... the 4 was only for the 4-player support the game had...

I don't care if it's printed on the japanese cover... I'm still waiting for the REAL Super Mario Bros 4.

You will care once I've beaten sense into you.

You're still arguing about this Rol? XD Just forget this ever happened~~~

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Walkthrublazer3 said:

Hmm.

Well Miyamoto did say he would love to remake  Super Mario World in 3D.Because of this some fans have speculated that the new 3DS mario game will be a remake of SMW.

If the rumor about Nintendo procuring the supermariobros4 web domain is true and if the new 2d mario is in fact a remake of SMW. Then the domain name would make perfect sense. 

(...)

Iwata has already confirmed that it will be a new game. So unless he lied, there's no reason to expect it to be a remake of an old game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-27-nintendo-announces-new-side-scrolling-3ds-mario-game?

Well that's good news for me. As much as I love Super Mario World, I really don't think it needs a remake. I'm hoping that this new 2d Mario is the next evolution in the series, and not a nostalgia fueled retread with some new elements thrown in. Now don't get me wrong I loved both NSMB-DS and NSMBW and I felt that it was ok that they were intentionally meant to be throwbacks, I mean NSMBW is the first 2D platforming console Mario game since Super Mario World!

While throwbacks are good, Nintendo really needs to come out with Super Mario bros 5/ Super Mario World 3.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:

On E3 just before they revealed New Super Mario Bros Wii they said something like 4 is the reason this game came to be and 4 is this and 4 is that!

I was all "OH MY GOD, THEY DID IT, THEY F**** DID IT! THEY FINALLY MADE MARIO 4!!!" And it was not Mario 4... the 4 was only for the 4-player support the game had...

I don't care if it's printed on the japanese cover... I'm still waiting for the REAL Super Mario Bros 4.

Evidence Nintendo added the four on mistake on the first cover:

I see a 3 there:

I see a USA here:

But where's 4 here:

Clearly (Clearly!) Nintendo trying to clean up their mess

VicViper said:
RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:

I see a 3 there:

I see a USA here:

But where's 4 here:

This doesn't mean that Super Mario World isn't SMB4. It's just Nintendo realizing that nobody wants to say "Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario Bros. 4: Super Mario World".

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Super Mario World is awesome. All 2d Mario games are awesome. A new 2d mario game will be awesome whatever they call it. Bring on New Super Mario Bros 2D Land 4.

Around the Network
F0X said:
My intuition tells me that it will be called Super Mario 2D Land.

Here's hoping!!!

F0X said:
VicViper said:
RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:

I see a 3 there:

I see a USA here:

But where's 4 here:

This doesn't mean that Super Mario World isn't SMB4. It's just Nintendo realizing that nobody wants to say "Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario Bros. 4: Super Mario World".

Why not? That would be the greatest title ever: SMA2SMB4SMW+MB!

Is there any reason why this game couldn't be called Super Mario World in Japan?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Let's just call it SMB2012?

This would be killer for WiiU

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)